cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Q: What makes you like a song? ๐Ÿช‡

Pandora

QOTW11.png

Share your thoughts about specific elements that capture your attention. Do you enjoy certain attributes of a song? Is it the storytelling, the mood it creates, or something else entirely?   

Let's dive into the details! โคต๏ธ

Tags (2)
9 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Pandora So many factors come into play for me. Sometimes it's the beat, the lyrics, or the vibe the song creates. It's really hard to say! 

@Pandora I could possibly exceed the 100,000 word count with that question. But I will not pain everyone with such lengthy details with my personal preferences that attracts me to certain types of songs. 

To start with I will first state that Jewel is my overall favorite music artist. By stating that one could already figure out the type of music that I find favorable to my personal interests. But one would also miss the very fact that I also love Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, CCR, Janice Joplin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Black Crowes, and Mazzy Star. This style of music is way different than that of Jewel.

Jewel is one of the greatest singer-song writers of all time (personal opinion of course) but if you were to follow along with her songs they all tell a personal story about things that she had experienced in her life. Her song Foolish Games is very personal to me, it truly describes many things in my life, as well as a very deep hurt, and scar. As far as the other music style, or genre it is the tempo, the upbeat, the rhythm of the music. I also like different types of Jazz, smooth Jazz, Lounge Jazz, Classic Jazz. I also have a very soft spot for country music, I was raised listening to it when I was a little tike growing up on my grandparents dairy farm. Music by Beyonce, TLC, Olivia Rodrigo, Billie Eilish, and others that are very similar are also to my personal liking. 

@Pandora great question for sure. I hope many others in the community will respond to this question as well. I would love to read what others have to say. 

Take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska

TannerPandora

This is definitely a tough question. I'm all about the beat and the lyrics. The beat is really what draw me in first and it can be any genre of music. If the beat is on point, then I'll listen to the song. After that it's all about the lyrics and the meaning of the song.

TannerPandora_0-1697828248174.gif

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Love your response to this question, @MOHLovesAlaska.

For me, it's about the beat, content, and how the song makes me feel. I love when songs are uplifting and inspiring. Also, powerful lyrics are important for me when listening to certain genres. Then, I'll have days where I listen to instrumentals or songs with little to no vocals. It depends on my mood and my connection to the song. ๐ŸŽต

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) ๏Žถ

@AlyssaPandora spot on dear friend...Have a great day, take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Listener001
Not applicable

@Pandora I want the song to have a catchy melody. Depending on what mood im in I enjoy a good storyline. But the beat is what gets my attention first

mod edit: format

Tags (2)

Tol514
Underground

When a song contains creative chord progressions or luscious harmony , and contains intelligent, thoughtful lyrics, I will listen and treasure it. 

Shar66
Local Performer

The best catches me 1st then next time I hear it I listen to the words the instruments... later I'll decide if I want to favorite it .๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽตโœ”๏ธ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿซถ I'm new to chat.. up late enjoy appreciate your words ..

Sharon Therrian

@Shar66 welcome to @Pandora and for participating in this post. Hope to see you around in the community. Take care and GOD bless... 

MOHLovesAlaska