cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Research Inquiry

Abbimfleck
Local Performer

@ErickPandora Hi! I am a researcher at the University of Sheffield in the UK. I study the Psychology of Music and am currently working on a research project investigating the perception of beauty in music. Part of this research requires a comprehensive, comparative analysis of different songs, much like the Music Genome Project. Is there a way I can learn more about the Music Genome Project?

Best Wishes,

Abbigail Fleckenstein

0 Kudos
2 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Abbimfleck

Welcome to community!

Thanks for sharing your interest, your research sounds pretty cool! The Music Genome Project is proprietary to Pandora but here are some links you may find useful:

Hope this is helpful!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Glamdring
Opening Act

not to step on your toes but you can start with the premise that music is the 2nd best form of communication there is (extemporaneous dancing to music being THE best). the reason it's so good is that music speaks to both the rational part of the brain, e.g. the lyrics, the emotional via the rhythm and melody and the creative via the entire soundscape, the only reason dancing freeform extemporaneous is superior is it incorporates body language AND it bypasses the barriers we humans tend to always keep up, even with those we love.

or at least it all has that potential... good luck

yeah, I've thought about this topic allot over the years