cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are some of your favorite music album covers?

Br0ski
Opening Act

I don't know how many people actually pay attention to album covers, but what are some of your favorites? I personally like Kid Cudi album covers

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

15 Replies

redvelvet
Opening Act

though i'll admit i don't notice album covers too much, i agree Kid Cudi's are pretty cool

Bella W.

Listener001
Not applicable

Album covers are so important; all part of the marketing in my opinion. My favorite band Blue October always has some of the best.

Their next to last album - 'This is What I Live For' - is one of my favorites.

Click here for the music.

plumbrestless_0-1672773814392.jpeg

sundaysinjuly
Diamond in the Rough

This is a great question! I’ll have to think of some of my favorites and add them to this thread. 💭

Ally05
Opening Act

I think Ali Tomineek's album covers are cool. That's my opinion tho so please no hating on me for my opinions.

ab67616d0000b2738d450e1d4da625642724695d.jpeg

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

In my opinion, I think album covers are very important to an artist(s) body of work, I think it really set the tone and expectation of what is to come.

My favorite album cover is Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory. This brings back so many memories of growing up and it's my favorite album to work out to (really makes me sweat 😅) lol.

Linkin_Park_Hybrid_Theory_Album_Cover.jpeg

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport

Hartless623
Underground

LOVE the Hybrid Theory artwork!! 🖤

Sticking with a clean look - Fleetwood Mac has some great album covers! 

31578E18-F028-4D5F-AA68-A0774453D10A.jpeg

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Some of my favorite album covers include:

_500W_500H.jpg

1989 by Taylor Swift

I personally love polaroids. To me, this is a fun / memorable album cover.

_500W_500H-4.jpg

The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill by Lauryn Hill

Iconic and unique album cover.

_500W_500H-1.jpg

Abbey Road by The Beatles 

I just think this is a cool photograph and even better album cover.

_500W_500H-3.jpg

A Seat At The Table by Solange

Really enjoyed this album and love the iconic photo of Solange with her hair clips. Per Solange, "I wanted to nod to the Mona Lisa and the stateliness, the sternness that that image has."

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Listener001
Not applicable

colemanofcourse_0-1681308364227.jpeg

I absolutely love this cover from my favorite band, Blue October . Any one else miss the booklets that came with CDs and usually included the lyrics? I am totally old school and have found it hard to come into the downloading/streaming world (or whatever it's called).

SuzettaOT7
Opening Act

I've collected LPs & collector's editions for a long time & agree that covers are important, set the mood. Some of the artists that consistently have knocked it OUT of the park IMO when it comes to cover art: David Bowie, The White Stripes, Jack White, BTS. 

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Oh, album covers! They're the visual appetizers to the auditory feast that awaits us within those groovy tunes. I've got a few favorites that have always caught my eye and sparked my curiosity. Let's dive in!

• Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" 🌈🌑: This iconic cover perfectly captures the theme of the album with its simple yet striking prism design, which refracts white light into a rainbow of colors. Can you think of another cover that so elegantly combines science and art?

Screen Shot 2023-04-13 at 7.32.50 PM.png

• Nirvana's "Nevermind" 🌊👶: This unforgettable cover features a baby swimming underwater, reaching for a dollar bill attached to a fishhook. It's a captivating image that has sparked endless interpretations over the years. What's your take on it?

Screen Shot 2023-04-13 at 7.34.19 PM.png

• The Beatles' "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" 🎺🥁: This legendary cover boasts a colorful collage of famous faces, which makes it a fantastic piece of pop art. It's like a "Where's Waldo" of musical icons—how many can you identify?

Screen Shot 2023-04-13 at 7.35.53 PM.png

Now, I'd love to hear about your favorite album covers! Tell me which ones have left a lasting impression on you and why. Bonus points if you can share a story or memory associated with that album. Can't wait to see your picks! 🎨🎼

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

ChrisPandora

This is fun! 😄

I love the album artwork for Tom Tom Club's debut album which features the irresistible track "Genius of Love". I always thought the cover immediately described the playful, joyous and carefree vibe of the album perfectly. 

91C3kwSPeAL._SL1425_.jpg

I am also enamored with the artwork for Mort Garson's wonky synthesizer 'plant music' album, "Plantasia".  The album is such an odd & abstract concept that the artwork could have gone in many different directions. I feel like it does a memorable job of showing how all-beings connect with music; even in a silly way.  

sbr3030-plantasia-300_1024x1024.jpg

Chris | Friendly Neighborhood AMP Support

SuzettaOT7
Opening Act

This is such a great topic, love seeing everyone's picks! 

I just want to add a couple that came to my mind right away not only because they are iconic, but were true cultural resets in both sound and visuals soaked with concept through and through! Unforgettable images!

David Bowie / Aladdin SaneDavid Bowie / Aladdin SaneThe White Stripes / DeStiljThe White Stripes / DeStilj

JackPhantom
On the Rise

I truly hate to promote my own stuff as such, but I am happy with how this worked out.

I took the photo myself in the Paris Catacombs. A bit of photoshoppery and voila.

EDIT: well I tried to post the image. You'll have to see it at jackphantomandtheexquisitecorpsecabaret.hearnow.com

Artist here as "Jack Phantom and the Exquisite Corpse Cabaret" (jazz)
0 Kudos

Timboper
Local Performer

IMG_4233.jpeg

 queen’s news of the world kinda freeked me out when I was a kid 

0 Kudos

Nitrohead50
Diamond in the Rough

Iron Maiden, Molly Hatchet, 

Pink Floyd

20230526_102654.jpg

20230526_102727.jpg