cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API for Pandora

billymusics
Local Performer

Good afternoon, we are considering the introduction of a sports podcast and music page in our product expansion plans. Tell me, is there or is planned in your product an API for sites, for the introduction of a player or a stub to go directly to your product?

After reviewing the information on the site, I see that there is an opportunity to use the API, but I am wondering if I can use it in the application and on the site? Or just in the app?

mod edit: removed link & edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @billymusics. 👋

I understand where you're coming from with this. I also removed the link from your edited post as we don't allow link sharing to other websites on the community. 

Unfortunately, we don't have a public API available. We have partnered with a number of companies to develop Pandora-enabled consumer devices, but we generally do not make Pandora available through other sites and applications. We also don't license the Music Genome directly to third parties. 

We don't direct support for API requests on the community. If you're interested in viewing more information about this, feel free to visit: Pandora Development Center 

If you have any questions about it, I would recommend filling out the application. It will be reviewed and someone will let you know if you are approved using the email address you provide.

Hope this helps clarify. Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community! :pandora:

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

13 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @billymusics. 👋

I understand where you're coming from with this. I also removed the link from your edited post as we don't allow link sharing to other websites on the community. 

Unfortunately, we don't have a public API available. We have partnered with a number of companies to develop Pandora-enabled consumer devices, but we generally do not make Pandora available through other sites and applications. We also don't license the Music Genome directly to third parties. 

We don't direct support for API requests on the community. If you're interested in viewing more information about this, feel free to visit: Pandora Development Center 

If you have any questions about it, I would recommend filling out the application. It will be reviewed and someone will let you know if you are approved using the email address you provide.

Hope this helps clarify. Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community! :pandora:

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

DavidL
Underground

Hi Adam, we at www.allonis.com have developed integration with Pandora for our automation / media control system.  We would like to do similar for our Sports Bar / Restaurant businesses.  We do not want to use Mood Media since they offer no external control API.  We essentially want to do what Mood is doing with Pandora.  I have tried through support to get a contact to discuss but haven't had any luck with getting to the right individual.  Can you assist with getting us connected to the right Pandora representative?

0 Kudos

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DavidL Please see @Alyssa's response here for details about access to a public API for Pandora.

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

DavidL
Underground

Hi Erick,

Our software already has API access to Pandora content for CONSUMER usage and works great.

The question is whether a BUSINESS account can be used with the exact same API or if there is a different API we should be using.

This could be determined very quickly if you could PM me a "5 day" business account access ID / password that we could test with.

But we still would like for Pandora to advise if that is an approved usage of the API.  We are just trying to ensure that our solution is approved by Pandora and the content owners.

SportsbarTabletPandora_small.jpg

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DavidL Unfortunately, I am unable to do that but can dig into this a bit more to see if I can get you in communication with our business partners at Pandora. Let me dig around early next week and see if I can provide you with a follow-up in your existing support case with us. This is probably something that will be better handled via email contact. 

0 Kudos

DavidL
Underground

Hi Erick,

Yes, I agree, best would be in a more private discussion.  It's just been very difficult to find that avenue within Pandora support.  I appreciate you guiding us down the correct way!

Thanx

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DavidL Absolutely! That's what I am here for. 😁 

DavidL
Underground

Hi Erick,

Any luck getting the right person within Pandora to further this discussion?

We have a few clients who are waiting for this solution and MANY more behind that.

0 Kudos

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @DavidL -- I have not had any luck at this time as a lot of people are taking early vacation but I will check-in during the New Year. I am also taking time off starting today and will be back in early January. I will make sure to revisit this then. Thanks for your ongoing patience. I hope you have a fantastic holiday and New Year!

0 Kudos

DavidL
Underground

Hi @ErickPandora! Happy New Year!  Please let me know who I can follow up on to get a resolution to business use of Pandora via the API.  Thank you!

mod edit: format

0 Kudos

DavidL
Underground

Well, it's been one month trying to reach Pandora to get a relatively simple answer.  Is anyone from Pandora available?

0 Kudos

DavidL
Underground

Looks like I am going to have to find a direct contact at Pandora corporate....

0 Kudos

EO2
Local Performer

Can the APIs below not be used in developing an Android/iOS app that supports Pandora?

https://developer.pandora.com/docs/key-concepts/apis/

0 Kudos