cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Devices - Buffering/ Skipping songs

flyingchipmunk
Underground

Are there server issues? All of a sudden today none of my devices can play pandora.

Android - Samsung Galaxy S20+5G, constantly "Buffering..." won't play anything.

MacOS chrome/safari/firefox - All instantly skip songs over and over and over and over and never plays anything.

Alexa - nothing

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

flyingchipmunk
Underground

I posted this debug info on another thread, pasting here for completeness. 

Android Samsung Galaxy S20+5G

MacOS chrome/safari/Firefox

Alexa. 

They all rapidly skip songs over and over and over and never play anything. All stations, offline and online. Wifi or cell. I've tried all troubleshooting. Cleared data, reinstalled app, used multiple computers and web browsers, nothing works. 

• Model: SGS20+5G
  • Carrier: AT&T
  • Android version: 10
  • Pandora version: 2009.2
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? both
  • Have any error messages popped up? If so, what does it say? nothing just skip after skip after skip as fast as it can

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies

TannerPandora

Hey @flyingchipmunk! Thanks for posting. 

There was an issue on Friday morning, (10/30) however, we believe that has now been resolved. 

If you're still experiencing this issue, I'd like to enable a trace on your account and have you run through some network troubleshooting to start.

Please try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device(s) completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

If Pandora still isn't working, could you check if you're able to connect to your network using another streaming service, such as YouTube?

Let me know how it goes. 

Thanks for your help!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

flyingchipmunk
Underground

fyi I'm a network admin of 20+yr experience running a custom installed ubiquiti network at home. My network gear is 100% functional and only pandora doesn't work. 

Same problem on cell service off my network.

Feel free to enable trace, it still doesn't work. 

0 Kudos

flyingchipmunk
Underground

I posted this debug info on another thread, pasting here for completeness. 

Android Samsung Galaxy S20+5G

MacOS chrome/safari/Firefox

Alexa. 

They all rapidly skip songs over and over and over and never play anything. All stations, offline and online. Wifi or cell. I've tried all troubleshooting. Cleared data, reinstalled app, used multiple computers and web browsers, nothing works. 

• Model: SGS20+5G
  • Carrier: AT&T
  • Android version: 10
  • Pandora version: 2009.2
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? both
  • Have any error messages popped up? If so, what does it say? nothing just skip after skip after skip as fast as it can
0 Kudos

flyingchipmunk
Underground

Don't know if you enabled the trace but an hour later it now works. Yay! 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @flyingchipmunk

I have enabled the trace, but haven't had a chance to review yet. Glad to hear it's working now, though. 

Please keep me updated if that changes. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Pflugerite
Local Performer

Hey Tanner.

I did each step, turned off  this, turned off that, still one station in particular (Jose Jose) plays one song and it goes in an infinite buffering cycle.

Not other stations.  It just started like two weeks ago.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Pflugerite I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

If you have any additional questions, please make sure to reply back directly to the email they sent you, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

Pflugerite
Local Performer
But suddenly I have seen a couple of lil' bugs.

I have a Jazz album by Art Farmer that I have heard a LOT. But now it will stop half way a song. It just got useless.

The same is now happening with one of my super favorite stations Jose-Jose. It plays a song half way, stops. Or plays a full song and does not go to the next song.

I tried the suggestions about stopping, turning my PC off, restarting, deleting this, deleting that. With no success, I tried to delete Pandora all along and see if reinstalling would make a difference. Could not delete Pandora.

Finally, and this issue is not that important: why is it that, that regardless of what station I was listening to last time, every time I start Pandora it jumps to my Miles Davis station? Always.

I hope you have some answers.

I have been a pandora listener for years and I have been paying my fees now for years too.
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Pflugerite. 👋

Looks like you have a case open with our support team via email. I would recommend checking your spam / junk folder to make sure their response didn't end up there. 

Miles Davis Station:

In the meantime, it sounds like you may need to check the bookmark that you use to access Pandora on your web browse. It should only be: https://www.pandora.com

If there is anything added onto to it (e.g., https://www.pandora.com/#/genres/top), then erase that. That is most likely the problem.

++

Web Browser Troubleshooting:

Were you able to try out these steps for your browser? You can find them here: Chrome Troubleshooting

Could you try using a different web browser like Firefox or Microsoft Edge on your Windows computer?

Let me know if the trouble persists. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos