cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio stops playing during long songs on Desktop

Coyoteking777
Local Performer

Hello, 

I have issues playing songs that are generally over 5-6 minutes long. Come 5-6 minutes the audio for the song will just stop, but the timer continues to run. I will then sit in silence for the remainder of the song, until the next one begins.

This occurrs on not only my home desktop using satellite internet, wireless network access and Windows 10 with the most updated version of chrome, but at my office as well with a structured cable network and different isp with windows 10 and an updated chrome browser. 

I have a subscription, and it isn't consistent with a specific song, artist, album or even playlist. I am listening in browser, not on the desktop app. 

I'm kind of at a loss for what settings I would need to look for to prevent this from happening. 

Thank you!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @Coyoteking777  👋🏻 Sorry to hear this is happening, thanks for posting your experience. 

Could you do me a favor and see if you're experiencing the same issue on another browser like Firefox or the Windows desktop? This will help to see if it's a browser related issue. 

To install Firefox, go here.

You can find the Pandora app in the Windows Store on your device. Search for Pandora in the upper right corner and click Get to install.

Downloading any app from the Windows Store will require that you have a Microsoft account and password. The email address and password for your Microsoft account may be different than those on your Pandora account.

Note: At minimum, you'll need Windows 10 to use this app, but we recommend updating your system to the latest Windows version available to you. You can find more information on how to do this here.

Thanks for the help!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Coyoteking777  👋🏻 Sorry to hear this is happening, thanks for posting your experience. 

Could you do me a favor and see if you're experiencing the same issue on another browser like Firefox or the Windows desktop? This will help to see if it's a browser related issue. 

To install Firefox, go here.

You can find the Pandora app in the Windows Store on your device. Search for Pandora in the upper right corner and click Get to install.

Downloading any app from the Windows Store will require that you have a Microsoft account and password. The email address and password for your Microsoft account may be different than those on your Pandora account.

Note: At minimum, you'll need Windows 10 to use this app, but we recommend updating your system to the latest Windows version available to you. You can find more information on how to do this here.

Thanks for the help!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

SDAWND
Local Performer

The original was posted in 2020 and here I am in 2023 having the same issues, except I'm using Edge as my browser. But literally, I would type the exact same description as the user above. It sounds like a Pandora program issue with the hard sync not triggering or a setting that doesn't recognize the stop note so that it doesn't play the entire silent tail of what's loaded into your system. Is there a way to escalate this to IT or programming?

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Welcome to the Community @SDAWND  and sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue with certain songs.

Would you mind listing some of the songs you've noticed when this issue occurs? Once I get that info I'll pass that feedback onto our curation team so they can take a closer look.

In addition, let's try troubleshooting your web browser to see if this issue is related to your browser.

Microsoft Edge Browser Troubleshooting

If you’re having issues using Pandora in Edge, often times quitting your browser completely, re-opening it and going back to www.pandora.com can help.

If that doesn't work, try these steps:

1. Clear your browser's history, cache and cookies.
    • Click on the three dots in the top right (located on the browser toolbar).
    • Select Settings.
    • Select Choose what to clear under the Clear browsing data title.
    • Check the boxes for Browsing History, Cookies and saved website data and Cashed data and files.
    • Click Clear.
  2. Turn off extensions like Disable HTML5 Autoplay, Adblock, and NoScript, or allow www.pandora.com within them.
  3. If you are using an internet firewall or anti-virus program, it could be blocking portions of our site. Try allowing access to www.pandora.com within those programs, and then try visiting our site again. If this doesn't help, then try disabling such programs entirely as a test to see if this affects your issue.

Finally, restart your computer and then try loading www.pandora.com again.

Hope this helps, let us know how it goes!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport

DJBIZ3
Local Performer

SAME!!! longer songs stop around 5-6 minutes.  Pink Floyd, Metallica, for examples.  Desktop, Android, all my Xfinity cable boxes, all do it.  It's been doing it for a few years and I can't get a response.  I have a paid account.  Please help

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DJBIZ3 It sounds like the issue may be related to the network you're using to connect to Pandora.

Please try connecting your device directly via an Ethernet cable and see if that helps.

If there is no change, try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

If Pandora still isn't working, could you check if you're able to connect to your network using another streaming service, such as YouTube?

You might also try connecting your device to an entirely different network, or using a different device on your current network, to see if your streaming improves.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos