cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Play Message on Safari

Listener001
Not applicable

This is Safari 13.0.3.  Upon login I noticed that before stream begins, a warning comes up saying that I have not chosen Auto Play.  After following all directions for Safari, including installing Flash Player, I still get that error message.  Preferences shows I selected it.  What are you going to do after December of this year when Adobe no longer supports Flash; and it shows all these quirks now?  I got these messages before, quite a while ago.  I don't know why they started again all of a sudden; but I don't understand how Pandora ran at all from its URL if it required Flash.  My Preferences did not even show Flash installed until now, having confirmed that I activated it upon installation.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Listener001 I moved your post to the Desktop space to keep the Community organized..

Pandora on Chrome, Internet Explorer and Edge no longer relies on Adobe Flash plug-ins and runs completely on HTML5.

Unfortunately, Safari and Firefox still require Flash plug-ins due to limitations in their audio codecs. You will need Flash to listen to Pandora on these web browsers.

If you are on a Mac computer we suggest using Chrome to avoid using Flash. Windows users can choose Chrome, Edge or Internet Explorer.

Let me know if this helps. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Listener001 I moved your post to the Desktop space to keep the Community organized..

Pandora on Chrome, Internet Explorer and Edge no longer relies on Adobe Flash plug-ins and runs completely on HTML5.

Unfortunately, Safari and Firefox still require Flash plug-ins due to limitations in their audio codecs. You will need Flash to listen to Pandora on these web browsers.

If you are on a Mac computer we suggest using Chrome to avoid using Flash. Windows users can choose Chrome, Edge or Internet Explorer.

Let me know if this helps. 

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

Adam, my Catalina may not be brand new; but it is new to me.  Since Chrome exhibits stability problems on my Windows computer, I am not installing it on my MacBook.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Listener001 Thanks so much for getting back to us. 

For your Safari browser, you should be able to listen normally after following those steps for Auto-Play.

1. Open the Preferences menu.
  2. Select Auto-Play on the preferences sidebar.
  3. Select pandora.com and Allow All Auto-Play from the dropdown menu.

++

Troubleshooting Safari:

If you continue to have trouble, I would recommend trying out these steps for your Safari web browser. The steps can be found here.

++

Pandora Desktop App for MAC:

An alternative to using a web browser is to download the Pandora Desktop App for MAC computers. I use this myself and enjoy it. 

• You can install the Pandora desktop app for Mac computers here.
  • Open the downloaded file and follow the prompts to complete the installation.
  • Keep in mind the Pandora app works the same as our website. All of the features on our website will be available and any changes you make will sync across all of your devices.
  • Minimum System Requirements: Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite or later.

Hope this info is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

Deal Alyssa, I already did that business with Auto-Play in Preferences.  Now that I installed Flash Player on Safari, the playlists do not play right away upon login.  They require an additional click on the Play button.  Also, in my playlist you show "Jack, I'm Mellow" by Bessie Smith.  It is actually by Trixie Smith.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Listener001 To clarify, playlists would require an additional click to start playing. If you're listening to a station, the last one you listened to should launch.

In the meantime, I'll be sure to pass along that information over to our curation team for further review. Thanks so much for reporting this library error. 

Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community! :pandora:

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos