cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth Speaker Won't Work with MacBook

oliviaann1906
Local Performer

I'm a dance instructor and at work I run my music off the studio MacBook connected to a bluetooth JBL. For a while this was working fine, all my audio including my Pandora playlists and my students taking class via Zoom came through the speakers. In the last two weeks, though, all my audio EXCEPT Pandora would come through the speakers.

I haven't figured out how to troubleshoot this since the rest of the computer audio comes through just fine. Nothing is muted on my Pandora account as far as I can tell, and the site loads just fine and the controls are responsive, just no sound. I also haven't yet found a related article that has given me any useful tools so that's why I'm making my own.

Has anyone else run into this? It isn't an issue with Spotify, iTunes, or any other streaming site or service that my coworkers use.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @oliviaann1906. 👋

Sorry for the continued trouble. To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to the Desktop forum. 

I would recommend disconnecting / reconnecting your JBL bluetooth speaker device.

• On your Mac, click the Bluetooth status icon Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 9.15.49 AM.png in the menu bar. 
  • Choose Open Bluetooth Preferences.
  • Click the "X" next to your JBL speaker.
  • Then, reconnect the JBL speaker after removing it - this should refresh the bluetooth connection.
    • On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth.
    • Select the JBL speaker device in the list, then click Connect.

++

If you still have trouble, could you share more information about how you're listening?

• Are you using a web browser? Which one?
  • Or, are you using the Pandora desktop app?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

jnif
Local Performer

Hello,

When listening to Pandora (either on Safari or App, doesn't matter) on my MacBook Air, Monterey 12.1, to any bluetooth speaker, playing one song works, then the audio drops from the bluetooth on the second song. When I turn off bluetooth the song is continuing to play on the computer as if it didn't stop. 

Any suggestions? I love Pandora, but this is super annoying.

Thank you! jnif

0 Kudos

dhardin17
Local Performer

I am having the exact same issue. Did you ever get it fixed?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dhardin17 Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

What is the make and model of your bluetooth speakers?

Also, are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing? 

Thanks for working with me on this.  🤝

0 Kudos

nfuller1
Local Performer

I just attempted to connect my JBL Bluetooth Speaker. It shows connected but it will not play through the speaker from my MacBook Air although it shows connected successfully. Same issues as the others. Pandora will not play from the MacBook Air to a Bluetooth Speaker. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@nfuller1 To clarify, are you only experiencing this issue with Pandora?

Have you tried streaming other websites such as YouTube?

If not, please try launching YouTube and let me know if you experience similar issues there as well.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

jnif
Local Performer

Hello,

When listening to Pandora (either on Safari, Chrome, or the desktop App, doesn't matter) on my MacBook Air, Monterey 12.5.1, to any bluetooth speaker, one song will play through the speaker, then the audio drops from the bluetooth on the second song. When I disconnect from the speaker on my Mac the song is continuing to play on the computer as if it didn't stop. 

Any suggestions? I love Pandora, but this is super annoying.

Thank you! jnif

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jnif To clarify, are you only experiencing this issue with Pandora?

Have you tried streaming other apps such as YouTube?

If not, please try launching the YouTube app and let me know if you experience similar issues there as well.

0 Kudos

jnif
Local Performer

Hi,

Yes, it is only an issue when Pandora is the music source. I can play you tube music, or webpages streaming radio, or mp3s on the computer, etc. without issue, except when Pandora is open. The other music sources will drop out when I go to the Pandora page that is open (even if music is not playing on Pandora), then audio will return when I go back to the non-Pandora source. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos