cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser refresh required to play again (play button unresponsive)

frag_68
Underground

I've just worked around this for a while, but it's plenty annoying.  If I pause my music, lock the computer, and am gone long enough for the screen to shut off (maybe?), the play button no longer responds and I have to refresh the browser to play music again.

I'm not 100% certain what might trigger this issue, as perhaps it's something to do with a CPU state, but regardless, it's very consistent and repeatable.

Windows 10 1809 LTSC & Chrome (various versions over past ... six months)

Labels (1)
5 Replies

hnewe2006
Local Performer

I have the same problem.

0 Kudos

LeonPandora

@frag_68 sorry to hear that.

Could you tell me a bit more about what you're experiencing?
What browser are you using?
Have you tried a different browser? Or is it happening on all browsers?
Is there any error message? If so, what does it say?
Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing? (If you're not sure how to take a screenshot, just let me know and I'll be happy to provide you with some additional steps.)

I look forward to hearing back.

0 Kudos

frag_68
Underground

I have to correct myself:  I switched to Edge for Pandora a while back, not Chrome.  I'll test with Chrome today, but Edge is currently Version 128.0.2739.79 (Official build) (64-bit).  So for that, the issue has been relevant for at LEAST six months conservatively and I auto-update.

There's no error message, just looks exactly like you press paused.  It's just the play button does nothing.  I could take a screenshot, but if you play anything and hit pause:  That's the screen.  I can dive into DevTools and see if there's an error popping up in console next time.

0 Kudos

LeonPandora

@frag_68 A lot of times quitting your browser completely, re-opening it and going back to pandora.com can help.

To check if this is a browser-related issue, you could try to open Pandora in a separate browser, such Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.

If you prefer to use Edge and re-opening your browser hasn't helped, try these steps:

1. Clear your browser's history, cache and cookies.
    • Click on the three dots in the top right (located on the browser toolbar).
    • Select Settings and then Privacy, Search, and Services.
    • Select Choose what to clear under the Clear browsing data title.
    • Check the boxes for Browsing History, Cookies and saved website data and Cashed data and files.
    • Click Clear Now.
  2. Turn off extensions like Disable HTML5 Autoplay, Adblock, and NoScript, or allow www.pandora.com within them.
  3. If you are using an internet firewall or anti-virus program, it could be blocking portions of our site. Try allowing access to www.pandora.com within those programs, and then try visiting our site again. If this doesn't help, then try disabling such programs entirely as a test to see if this affects your issue.

Once you've completed this, restart your computer and then try loading pandora.com again.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

hnewe2006
Local Performer

Ok I will try that. And I will tell you how it goes.

0 Kudos