cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browsing site doesn't work when "internet connection is poor"

montybar
Local Performer

I can't browse the site, look at station profiles, artist profiles, my profile, my collection, etc., because of the "poor internet connection" error.  I'm listening to pandora on another device and trying to look at my station profiles on my desktop.  I'm not playing music using the web page.  When I click on the above-mentioned links, I get the pop-up error, and it doesn't seem to attempt to load the correct page.  My internet connection is not poor enough to prevent web pages from opening.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@montybar Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

Can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot of the error message you are seeing?

Also, what browser are you using to stream Pandora?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

montybar
Local Performer

I was not streaming.  I was listening to Pandora using another device, and browsing pandora station profiles using chrome on my laptop.

My point is that I'm not streaming Pandora from the browser, I'm just trying to look at my station profile.  It seems like the web site determined that the network conditions were not sufficient for streaming, so it threw that error instead of responding to navigational requests.  However, I was not streaming, and network conditions were more than sufficient for navigation.

I think that the web site needs to recognize when it's not streaming, and behave less like a streaming app and more like a web site.  I understand why it doesn't want to load a new page when it's worried that that action would interrupt streaming, but in this case, when I was not streaming, it was interfering with my main purpose of visiting the site, which was to load the page I'd asked for.  Ideally, the streaming and web navigation would be completely independent, but I understand how that might be technically challenging.  If that's not possible, at least it could change behavior when the station is paused.

I'm not getting the error now, so I can't screenshot it.  It was a black bar across the top of the page.  When it came up, the site would not respond to navigational requests.

I should say that this is better than what is used to do when you visited the site while streaming on another device, which was to prohibit viewing station profiles altogether.  Thank you for that change.

0 Kudos