cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrome: Only in incognito mode

Pants
Underground

About a week ago, after years with few problems, Pandora decided not to work on Chrome - unless I use incognito mode.  Also works OK with Firefox.  So...what's the deal?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @Pants.

I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: Chrome Troubleshooting

Let me know if the issue persists after completing those steps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Pants Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

1. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  2. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Pants
Underground

The only 'acknowledgement' that I've clicked on 'play' is my drive-fan speed increases a bit.  The triangular play-button remains triangular (doesn't change to the 'pause' stripes).

Once I'm fed up with nothing happening THERE, if I click on "shuffle" or another station, the cover-art image turns into the 'spinning disc' graphic, and...nothing happens.  It's done this through multiple reboots, and of course refreshes of the page, and opening from a new page.

I can get you a screenshot, but it wouldn't show anything out of order.  LMK if you want it anyway.

...one other odd thing:  twice now, with no other devices trying to play Pandora, I've gotten the "only one listener at a time" nag (while using incognito to listen, as explained before).  I click on "let me listen" and move on.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @Pants.

I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: Chrome Troubleshooting

Let me know if the issue persists after completing those steps.

0 Kudos

Pants
Underground

Took me forever to get back to this, just used incognito mode until now.  

I don't like clearing cache, but not as much as I dislike losing cookies and history...anyway, once I'd cleared cache (only), it came back to working OK in full browser.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Pants Glad to hear that helped resolve the issue for you.

Thanks for providing us with that update!

0 Kudos