mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tasvet Could you try going to Applications (instead of downloads)?

From there, you should be able to drag the Pandora icon to your dock.

Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 8.19.20 AM.png

Hope this helps! 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @tasvet! 😄Thanks for posting to community! I moved your message over to our Desktop Thread  cause it sounds like you're having trouble on your computer and to help keep things organized. 

Can you let me know where you're listening from:

• Our website, or the desktop app? I
  • If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

tasvet
Local Performer

I am listening from desktop app

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@tasvet are you running into some playback problem on the desktop app? Can you tell me a little bit more about what you're experiencing?

Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?

Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing? (If you're not sure how to take a screenshot, just let me know and I'll be happy to provide you with some additional steps.)

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

tasvet
Local Performer

on trying to download catalina I got a msg that catalina would disable my pandora plus unless It was updated, and when I tried to updat it asked me to pay for the recent pandora download even tho i already have pandora plus. How do I do I update my pandora plus so is compatable with catalina?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

I'm not familiar with that error message, I'm also not entirely sure why or how OS Catalina would be able disable your Pandora Plus subscription.

Is it possible for you to send over a screenshot of what you're seeing when this message appears?

On your Mac:

Hold down the Shift key and the Command key (which may have an Apple logo and/or a 'four-leaf clover' type symbol). Then, while still holding down these keys, press the 3 key. This will save the screenshot as a file on your desktop. If you hit the 4 key instead, it will give you a target allowing you to drag a box around only the item that you want to take a screenshot of.

Then you can attach the screenshot in your message here. 

++

It just occurred to me that if you're using the old desktop app under Pandora One, this may be the reason for the error message. 

We've updated the desktop app and you can find the new version for Mac computers here.

Open the downloaded file and follow the prompts to complete the installation.

Keep in mind the Pandora app works the same as our website. All of the features on our website will be available and any changes you make will sync across all of your devices.

Let me know how it goes. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

tasvet
Local Performer

Ok thanks you Tanner. I have been able to download the new Pandora app. Yes, I did have the old Pandora one app. so it works fine and ended up on my desktop and in my tool bar. If I eject from desk top I also loose the icon in toolbar. Plus I cannot find the download in launchpad or finder? I did not delete the old pandora until I know this is working  but would like to have it in the app listing in downloads but only the old one is there?

I am going to try to upgrade to catalina now and hope that works ok

How do you get the new pandora into the download list. It seems like it is just in the toolbar and not really downloaded?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @tasvet. 👋

Could you try searching for Pandora on your launchpad?

If the Pandora app was successfully downloaded, it should pop up in your search.

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 1.51.29 PM.png

0 Kudos

tasvet
Local Performer

so the new pandora is on my desk top but   not in launchpad or in downloads. The app shows up as the app icon but not as the Pandora icon

I can open and play pandora but cannot find a way to get it off desktop and into tool bar

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tasvet Could you try going to Applications (instead of downloads)?

From there, you should be able to drag the Pandora icon to your dock.

Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 8.19.20 AM.png

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos