Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop App: Tracks Skip and Audio Stops

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (02/08/22): Hey everyone 👋

Thanks for your patience while this issue was being addressed. We believe this issue has now been resolved. 

If you notice anything else, feel free to let me know. 🎧

Pandora Update (01/04/22): This thread is for both Windows 10 and MAC Pandora Desktop users experiencing tracks skipping and audio stopping during their listening sessions. Our engineering team is aware of this and I have shared all of the feedback from this thread. 

Pandora Desktop App for Windows 10:

The troubleshooting steps for Windows 10 can be found here.

If you've tried out those steps, and it didn't resolve the issue, I can share your device info with our engineers. I'll need the following:

1. Make and model of your device:
  2. Mode: Desktop or Tablet?
  3. Network (Wi-Fi or 3G/4G/LTE):
  4. Pandora version (under Pandora Settings on the bottom left):
  5. Windows version & build:
  6. Are there any error messages? If so, what do they say?
  7. Are you able to stream Pandora normally through a web browser like Chrome or Firefox?
  8. Also, are you running a Preview Build of Windows? If so, are you in the fast ring or slow ring?

++

Pandora Desktop App for MAC:

The troubleshooting steps MAC can be found here.

If you've tried out those steps, and the issue persists, I can share your device info with our engineers. I'll need the following:

1. Make and model of your device;
  2. Network (Wi-Fi or LAN);
  3. Pandora version (Go to the App Menu Toolbar, select Pandora then About Pandora);
  4. Mac version (Click the Apple Icon on the Menu Toolbar them About This Mac);
  5. Are there any error messages? If so, what do they say?
  6. Are you able to stream Pandora normally through a web browser like Chrome or Firefox?

Thank you for reporting this, and for sharing the requested information. Updates on this issue will be posted on this thread. We appreciate your patience during this process.🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
68 Replies

dh5072_123
Underground

I am having this issue on my PC.  What do I do? The solution steps say for Ios.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @dh5072_123. 👋

Thanks for posting about this, and sorry for any inconvenience. I moved your post over to a separate thread in the Desktop space since this is happening on your computer. 

• How are you listening when this happens? MAC or Windows 10?
  • Are you using a web browser? If so, which one?
  • Or, are you using the Desktop App?
  • Have any error messages popped up? If so, what exactly does it say?

Let me know. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

dh5072_123
Underground

Windows 10 desktop app.  I restarted the whole app and it seems to be playing that station fine now.  No error messages.

0 Kudos

dh5072_123
Underground

Windows 10 desktop app. I restarted the whole app and it seems to be
playing that station fine now.  Oddly, the songs were skipping also before they ended prematurely.  Glad it's working now.

David

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dh5072_123 Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening!

0 Kudos

fairfax
Underground

I am still having this problem.  Is there any progress on finding a solution?

0 Kudos

koho
Underground
Still having problems here. I use Chrome to access Pandora
0 Kudos

Zanthala
Underground

Currently having this issue as well and have done all the suggested troubleshooting steps.

1. Make and model of your device Cyberpower PC
  2. Mode: Desktop or Tablet? Desktop
  3. Network (Wi-Fi or 3G/4G/LTE); Spectrum Wired LAN
  4. Pandora version (under Pandora Settings on the bottom left); 15.0.3.0
  5. Windows version & build; Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2 Build: 22000.376
  6. Are there any error messages? If so, what do they say? No error messages
  7. Also, are you running a Preview Build of Windows? If so, are you in the fast ring or slow ring? This PC is not part of the Windows Insider Program.
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Zanthala @koho @fairfax @guitarsrkewl08 @Cassybearra. 👋

Thank you all for reporting this issue, and sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

I've created an internal ticket with our engineering team. They're aware of this issue and currently investigating. We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

tinymonster26
Local Performer

I'm also experiencing this issue on the Mac desktop app.

1. Make and model: 2019 16" Macbook Pro

2. Mode: Desktop mode (through the app)

3. Network: Wi-Fi, strong connection (Consistent 160Mbps down)

4. Pandora version: 15.0.3

5. OS version: macOS Monterey, 12.1

Similar to above, Pandora has been working well for 1+ years on the desktop app for me. I last used it for work around ~12/20, and when I came back to work on 1/4 it seems to not be working.

The web app seems to function perfectly.

The symptom is that each song plays for somewhere between 10 and 30 seconds, then jumps to the next song. The songs sound mostly okay, but seem like they may be stuttering a little bit at some points for fractions of a second. 

0 Kudos

guitarsrkewl08
Opening Act

@AlyssaPandora thank you , i just tried this morning and am still having the same issues as originally listed figured i would post an update since i hadn't posted in a few days also not sure why  @tinymonster26's reply got accepted as a solution when he posted having an issue also his issue is with the mac app not with windows not sure why it's left on this thread 

tinymonster26
Local Performer

Yeah - my reply definitely should not have been marked as a solution. The reason that I added my Mac issue to this previously Windows-oriented thread is to help developers understand "this issue seems to be related to the desktop app and is operating system independent", which might be useful in tracking it down. 

Regardless, my reply is definitely not a solution.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @tinymonster26 @guitarsrkewl08. 👋

No worries - I unmarked the reply as the solution. I will also move the info with the MAC Desktop info over to this existing thread: MAC Desktop App: Tracks Skip and Audio Stops

Our engineering team is definitely aware of this issue impacting both Pandora  Desktop Apps for MAC and Windows computers. We appreciate you provided all of these helpful details so that we can resolve this soon. 🎧

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @tinymonster26. 👋

Sorry to hear this is happening. I moved these two threads into one since this is impacting both Windows and MAC users: Desktop App: Tracks Skip and Audio Stops

I appreciate you taking the time to post those details. We have an internal ticket open with our engineering team for this issue. I've shared your feedback and device information with them. Once I have an update, I will post it on this thread. 🎧

guitarsrkewl08
Opening Act

here are some things i tried and didn't make a difference 

tried creating new user 

tried going through registry deleing all entries related to Pandora 

tried uninstalling - reinstalling 

tried changing audio drivers 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (01/04/22): This thread is for both Windows 10 and MAC Pandora Desktop users experiencing tracks skipping and audio stopping during their listening sessions. Our engineering team is aware of this and I have shared all of the feedback from this thread. 

Pandora Desktop App for Windows 10:

The troubleshooting steps for Windows 10 can be found here.

If you've tried out those steps, and it didn't resolve the issue, I can share your device info with our engineers. I'll need the following:

1. Make and model of your device:
  2. Mode: Desktop or Tablet?
  3. Network (Wi-Fi or 3G/4G/LTE):
  4. Pandora version (under Pandora Settings on the bottom left):
  5. Windows version & build:
  6. Are there any error messages? If so, what do they say?
  7. Are you able to stream Pandora normally through a web browser like Chrome or Firefox?
  8. Also, are you running a Preview Build of Windows? If so, are you in the fast ring or slow ring?

++

Pandora Desktop App for MAC:

The troubleshooting steps MAC can be found here.

If you've tried out those steps, and the issue persists, I can share your device info with our engineers. I'll need the following:

1. Make and model of your device;
  2. Network (Wi-Fi or LAN);
  3. Pandora version (Go to the App Menu Toolbar, select Pandora then About Pandora);
  4. Mac version (Click the Apple Icon on the Menu Toolbar them About This Mac);
  5. Are there any error messages? If so, what do they say?
  6. Are you able to stream Pandora normally through a web browser like Chrome or Firefox?

Thank you for reporting this, and for sharing the requested information. Updates on this issue will be posted on this thread. We appreciate your patience during this process.🎧

guitarsrkewl08
Opening Act

any thing new on any sort of a fix / things to attempt to fix ? i miss using my media buttons 

0 Kudos

acefull
Local Performer

Why not give a SOLUTION instead of repeating the same "try resetting the Pandora app from HELP..." bull?

This app is garbage. I wonder what Spotify will give my when I change services? Ill bet $15 a month goes a long way over there. 

FIX THE ISSUE!!!!!!!

0 Kudos

guitarsrkewl08
Opening Act

@acefull dang man , chill out I've been using Pandora for quite a while now and just started having the issue around late November / early December never had an issue till now some times it's hard to track down a bug especially when its only affecting some people and not every one if they don't have a machine that can produce the problem it's hard to fix a problem that you can't reproduce and if you don't know what's causing the issue in the first place it can be dang (was censored out)  near impossible to reproduce to try and correct the problem 

0 Kudos

guitarsrkewl08
Opening Act

any thing new on potential fixes?

0 Kudos