cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: Music Stops / Buffering Issues

pamelarae05
Underground

My boyfriend cancelled his subscription for this exact reason.  I experience as well on a desktop computer and my android phone as well.  None of the troubleshooting steps makes any difference. It just started happening a couple of months ago and is something Pandora should look into on their side and get corrected.

Labels (1)
64 Replies

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @johnathon007

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your first post! 🎉

I moved your original post onto an existing thread under Desktop: Music Stops / Buffering Issues 

Buffering on your desktop computer:

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

1. Are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Buffering on your Android phone:

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

If you continue to experience buffering issues after running through those troubleshooting steps, I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for working with me on this.

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

jefftaylorid
Local Performer

Over the past two weeks, Pandora has started buffering immediately or after playing one or two songs.  This is happening on multiple devices (laptop, desktop, tablet, phone, smart speakers) and multiple accounts.  Other streaming services are working just fine.  It happens even when I connect my laptop directly to the incoming ethernet, prior to my router.  Pandora works fine over cell data.  So, it's not my devices, it's not my account, and it's not my router.  Any help for debug?

0 Kudos

johnathon007
Local Performer

I'm on windows on the desktop, firefox and edge both do it with the website, and I haven't tried the desktop app.

Phone is pixel 6

T-mobile 

Android 13

Build number TP1A.221105.002

Pandora version 2212.1

Wifi on and off does the same thing.

I'll try to catch a screenshot of it but it is just the normal now playing screen stuck on buffering until the song auto skips then the next one might work or do the same.

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @johnathon007 

Thank you for providing that information and I apologize for the continued trouble.

Buffering on your desktop computer

Since the buffering is happening on your web browser, let's try some troubleshooting steps for the two specific browsers you're using.

Please complete our Firefox Troubleshooting and Edge Troubleshooting steps to see if this helps with the buffering issue.

+++++

Network Troubleshooting

If you're still having issues after completing the troubleshooting steps, It sounds like the issue may be related to the network you're using to connect to Pandora.

Please try connecting your device directly via an Ethernet cable and see if that helps.

If there is no change, try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

If Pandora still isn't working, could you check if you're able to connect to your network using another streaming service, such as YouTube?

+++++

Buffering on your Android Phone

Thank you for providing your device details, I have passed that information to our engineering team so they can take a closer look at it.

Let me how it goes after completing the troubleshooting steps!

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @jefftaylorid 👋

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your first post! 🎉

To keep things organized I moved your post to a thread under Desktop: Music Stops / Buffering Issues

Buffering on your computer

Since the buffering issue is not related to your network, then this issue might be related to the web browser you're using.

I've enabled a trace on your account just in case we need to report this issue to our engineering team.

For this trace to be helpful, let's try troubleshooting your web browser to see if this help. Please select the troubleshooting link below for your specific browser:

Once these steps have been completed, let me know how it goes, and hope this helps! 🎧

0 Kudos

JackDaniels100
Local Performer

My computer won't play the music.

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Thanks for posting on the Community @JackDaniels100!

I moved your post onto the desktop space under a thread that might be related to your issue: Desktop: Music Stops / Buffering Issues.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing? (If you're not sure how to take a screenshot, just let me know and I'll be happy to provide you with some additional steps.)

Let me know! 🎧

0 Kudos

LPinBalt
Local Performer

My issue appears to be the same as above.  The opening page to my account is mostly blue with the spinning

record and my playlist to the left, but no music and the timer stays at zero.  I am using a Windows laptop.

LPinBalt_0-1674578286870.png

Thanks

Mod edit: Removed personal information

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Thanks for reaching out @LPinBalt and providing that screenshot.

Let's try some troubleshooting steps for your specific web browser or if you're using the desktop app.

Please select the troubleshooting link below for your specific browser or for the desktop app to see if this will help:

+++

If your still having trouble, I can report this to our engineers, however, I'm going to need additional information.

If you are on a computer, are you listening from:

• Since you're using a Windows computer, are you listening through our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes! 🎧

0 Kudos

mdwoodruff
Local Performer

Persistent buffering on Macbook Pro regardless of app vs. browser

I am unable to play Pandora on my Macbook Pro.  It is either extremely choppy or just shows it's buffering and doesn't play at all.  I've tried playing in Chrome, Safari, the Pandora Mac desktop app provided by Pandora, and even Mac's PanTunes app, and the results are the same regardless.  I'm hardwired to internet with download and upload speeds of over 300.  Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

One other note - my privacy settings are set to allow Pandora.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mdwoodruff I moved your post over to this existing thread: Desktop: Music Stops / Buffering Issues

To clarify, are you only experiencing this issue with Pandora?

Have you tried streaming other apps/websites such as YouTube?

If not, please try launching the YouTube app/website and let me know if you experience similar issues there as well.

Thanks for your patience.

0 Kudos

willowmoon
Underground

I am really tired of it stopping after a few songs played on my desktop at work!!! Paid good money for this aggravation!!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @willowmoon. 👋

Thanks for reporting this issue.

Could you share a bit more about how you're listening when the music stops after a few songs?

• Are you using a web browser? If so, which one?
  • Are you using the Pandora Desktop App? If so, are you using a MAC or PC?
  • Have you noticed any error codes or message? What exactly does it say?

++

In the meantime, here are troubleshooting steps that you may find helpful:

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (04.29.24)
0 Kudos

CNesset
Local Performer

I have tried all these steps… still doing the same stop - start

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@CNesset Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

0 Kudos

jazzman4000
Local Performer

RUNNING A PC AND USING THE APP

Something has gone wrong. We're working on this issue, and we'll have things back to normal soon.

THIS IS WHAT COMES UP WHEN IT STOP 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jazzman4000 Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

• Also, are you using the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

0 Kudos

ClockwrkOrangeS
Local Performer

This doesn't work. 

There should be a fix for this. One song at a time is a complete joke.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @ClockwrkOrangeS 

Thanks for posting.

Can you let me know which browser you are using and the browser version? Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

ClockwrkOrangeS
Local Performer
It is a Windows 11 laptop running the latest version of Chrome.

Thank you

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note9
0 Kudos