cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: Music Stops But Pause Indicates It's Playing

john20213
Local Performer

iMac safari also happens all the time when I am connected and playing music to a bluetooth connected audio device . I am at the point of canceling subscription . this never happened for years with my subscriptions . this and my laptop windows 10 . its not bluetooth devices because if I use Apple Music, it never happens . this also happens when I use android Samsung a71 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @john20213. 👋

Thanks so much for letting us know about this, and sorry to hear that you're having trouble.

Since this is happening across multiple devices, there are two things I would suggest - device network troubleshooting and repairing your Bluetooth devices to refresh the connection.

For your Computer(s):

It sounds like the issue could be related to the network you're using to connect to Pandora.

Please try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

If Pandora still isn't working, could you check if you're able to connect to your network using another streaming service, such as YouTube?

++

Repairing Bluetooth Devices:

Let's try re-pairing the Bluetooth connection between your device and the phone.

• To remove the pairing, please go into the Bluetooth settings menu on your phone, find the appropriate connection, and select "Forget this device."
  • Once you've done so, refer to the owner's manual for your device for how to reconnect to your phone.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

AmyBeeBee
Local Performer

I am having this same issue with my desktop. Using windows 10. I reset my modem, still having this issue. All other streaming services work fine. 😞 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @AmyBeeBee. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. Could you share a bit more about how you're listening?

Are you using a web browser? If so, which one?

Or, are you using the Pandora Desktop App for Windows 10?

Do any error messages pop when this occurs?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

aubonbradley1
Local Performer

I also am having the exact same problem running windows 10  (and using Edge) on a Surface Pro. When the song changes, the music stops after 1 sec. of the new song on  my bluetooth device. I can click on the song title on the screen and the music starts again. Weird.

I tried repairing the device, ran the bluetooth troubleshooter, checked for the latest driver, rebooted my modem/router. No change.

Works fine on Spotify but I no likey Spotify.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@aubonbradley1 I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps found here: Edge Troubleshooting

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos