cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: No Sound

FunfinderX
Local Performer

Hi there,

Looking for someone that would know how to swap my input plug (microphone)

To output (speakers)

I had a guy do this once for me, but darn it! When I backed up my PC it changed it back to normal settings ahhhhh so frustrating!

He did it remotely and was easy to do. But me I tried for hours no clue tried all I can think of 😞

Now lost contact with the guy who done it for me 😞

Please help = No sound **ahem**!

Thank you, Windows 10 AMD Athlon 64 bit Hyper X

Labels (2)
40 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @bazingahuya. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the volume.

• Pandora has a separate volume control. Make sure it isn't all the way down, the volume control is located in the bottom right corner of the Pandora page.
  • If that's not it, make sure you are plugged into the main speaker outputs of your sound card. Sometimes there are two outputs. Pandora may only play from one of them on machines with some sound drivers. Updated drivers have fixed this for many listeners. This is also something you can Google for your specific device.
  • If on a Windows machine, make sure that the "Wave Balance" volume is set at least 50% on your advanced volume control window. This is accessible by double-clicking the speaker in the lower-right corner of your screen.

++

Could you share a bit more about how you're listening to Pandora on your computer?

• Are you using a Windows or MAC?
  • Pandora Desktop App?
  • Or, are you using a web browser? If so, which one?
  • Have you received any error messages? If so, what does it say?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

ggmagee
Local Performer

Pandora shows playing but get no sound on my Mac laptop

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @ggmagee. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble streaming Pandora.

• How are you listening when this happens?
  • Are you using the Pandora Desktop app?
  • Or, are you using a web browser? If so, which one?
  • Do any error messages pop up?

Let me know. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

jenpatuto
Local Performer

I also can't hear any music when I click on it. I am on a MacBook Air. I have tried both chrome and safari. When I click the play button nothing happens. It still has the play button there (no pause icon). No error message. And the songs change as if I can hear it, but no sound. I am able to hear for any other website except pandora. I used to be able to hear it on this computer. It hasn't been working for a few months. I still listen on my phone. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jenpatuto I moved your post over to this existing thread: No Sound When Listening from Computer

Here are a few things to check:

Pandora has a separate volume control. Make sure it isn't all the way down, the volume control is located in the bottom right corner of the Pandora page.

If that's not it, make sure you are plugged into the main speaker outputs of your sound card. Sometimes there are two outputs. Pandora may only play from one of them on machines with some sound drivers. Updated drivers have fixed this for many listeners.

If on a Windows machine, make sure that the "Wave Balance" volume is set at least 50% on your advanced volume control window. This is accessible by double-clicking the speaker in the lower-right corner of your screen.

Let me know how it goes.

steve2152
Local Performer

using a hp windows computer.  no sound when the music is playing but sound during a commercial

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@steve2152 Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 

0 Kudos

dirtfly7
Local Performer

I am using my desktop computer

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @dirtfly7. 👋

Thanks for your post!

Could you share a bit more about what is happening?

• Are you using a web browser? If so, which one?
  • Or, are you using the Pandora Desktop App for MAC or Windows computers?
  • What happens when you attempt to listen to Pandora?
  • Are you having trouble with the sound?
  • Would you need assistance with resetting your password?

The more details you provide, the better equipped I'll be to help. 

Let me know and I can follow up with you. 🎧

0 Kudos

brianenc
Local Performer

cannot find any sound on pc

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @brianenc. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the sound. 

Here are a few things to check:

Pandora has a separate volume control. Make sure it isn't all the way down, the volume control is located in the bottom right corner of the Pandora page.

If that's not it, make sure you are plugged into the main speaker outputs of your sound card. Sometimes there are two outputs. Pandora may only play from one of them on machines with some sound drivers. Updated drivers have fixed this for many listeners.

If on a Windows machine, make sure that the "Wave Balance" volume is set at least 50% on your advanced volume control window. This is accessible by double-clicking the speaker in the lower-right corner of your screen.

++

If you continue to have trouble, could you share a bit more about how you're listening?

• Are you using a Windows or MAC computer?
  • If you're on a web browser, which one are you using?
  • If not, are you using the Pandora Desktop App?

Let me know. 🎧

preachman62
Local Performer

I have a desktop computer and previously had great sound, but now all of a sudden - no sound.  It is not within my computer.  I have sound for everything except Pandora.  I just subscribed and  I am wondering

if I did the right thing.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@preachman62 Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

taylomi
Local Performer

No error message, no music only commercials 

listening on website on desk PC

mod edit: merged comments
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @taylomi. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the sound on Pandora.

Please try running through the troubleshooting steps for your specific browser to see if it helps. 

Web Browser Troubleshooting:

You can also try using a different browser to determine whether the issue is browser-related. Let me know how it goes with your specific browser and whether you continue to have trouble. 

++

Pandora Desktop App Troubleshooting:

Hope this helps. Feel free to let me know how it goes. 🎧

sarkisgaribyan
Local Performer

i'm using a macbook pro. shows playing but no sound. i tried off and on still the same. there is sound on youtube fyi

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @sarkisgaribyan. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the sound. I moved your post over to this existing thread: Desktop: No Sound

• Are you using the Pandora Desktop App?
  • If you're using a web browser instead, which one?
  • Have you received any error messages? If so, what does it say?

Something to note: Pandora has a separate volume control. Make sure it isn't all the way down, the volume control is located in the bottom right corner of the Pandora page.

Let me know if this helps. 🎧

sulynnd
Underground

There is no sound on Pandora. Tried restarting.  Anyone else?  I'm on my desktop

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @sulynnd. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting this, and sorry for any trouble with the sound. I moved your post over to this existing thread: Desktop: No Sound

I would recommend checking out the accepted solution and @MOHLovesAlaska's suggestions here.

++

Volume Control:

• Pandora has a separate volume control. Make sure it isn't all the way down, the volume control is located in the bottom right corner of the Pandora page.
  • If that's not it, make sure you are plugged into the main speaker outputs of your sound card. Sometimes there are two outputs. Pandora may only play from one of them on machines with some sound drivers. Updated drivers have fixed this for many listeners. This is also something you can Google for your specific device.
  • If on a Windows machine, make sure that the "Wave Balance" volume is set at least 50% on your advanced volume control window. This is accessible by double-clicking the speaker in the lower-right corner of your screen.

I found this help page that may also be helpful for your sound settings here.

++

If you continue to have trouble, could you share a few more details about how you're listening?

• How are you listening to Pandora? Are you using a MAC or Windows computer?
  • Are you using a web browser? If so, which one?
  • Or, are you using the Pandora Desktop App? 

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

MARCOS58
Local Performer

on my MacBook Pro  sound is not connecting to pandora.  PANDORA sound in my speakers and sub-woofer no sound.

0 Kudos