cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: Play Button No Longer Works

marshallspoe
Local Performer

When I am using Pandora on my Windows 11 PC, the PLAY button is visible.  However, when I put the mouse pointer over it, it turns gray and will not start the song.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @marshallspoe. 👋

Thanks for letting us know about this. Could you share a bit more about how you're listening when you notice this?

• Are you using a web browser? If so, which one?
  • Or, are you using the Pandora Desktop App for Windows computers?
  • Does this happen with stations or individual songs?
  • Also, does this occur when you're initiating a Premium Access session?
  • Have any error messages popped up? If so, what exactly does it say?

Let me know, and I can follow up with you. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

14 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @marshallspoe. 👋

Thanks for letting us know about this. Could you share a bit more about how you're listening when you notice this?

• Are you using a web browser? If so, which one?
  • Or, are you using the Pandora Desktop App for Windows computers?
  • Does this happen with stations or individual songs?
  • Also, does this occur when you're initiating a Premium Access session?
  • Have any error messages popped up? If so, what exactly does it say?

Let me know, and I can follow up with you. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

marshallspoe
Local Performer

I had to use the Windows app to make it work.  This was the first time that playing Pandora just using the web browser failed to work.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to me with that information, @marshallspoe

Web Browser Troubleshooting:

If this issue happens again, you could also try out the basic troubleshooting for your specific browser. I've included links to the steps below: 

Feel free to let us know if anything else pops up. 🎧

0 Kudos

Brandydee
Local Performer

still no sound..........forget it.............I have done everything you have  suggested over the period of a month, and still have no sound.

0 Kudos

Brandydee
Local Performer

Beautiful reply.  Thank you for THE BLANK PAGE you sent.  Such a helpful reply.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Brandydee Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

PattiJF
Local Performer

This same thing is happening to me. My PC is running Windows 11, latest version of Chrome and using Pandora through the website - like I always have. The problem began after I tried a Premium Access session. The problem is only on my PC, Pandora works fine on my TV. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@PattiJF I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps: 

If you continue to experience issues with this, please grab a screenshot of what you are seeing after clicking on the play button.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

kmholet
Local Performer

Havine several issues with Win11 version with chrome.  It always opens playing a song I selected a long time ago, and the "Playlist" tab never shows up.  The only way I can get to my one playlist is to click the song then to up to the top and add it to the playlist (even though I don't want to add that song), then the playlist comes up.  I then remove that song from the playlist.  I then search for the song I'm interested in.  I choose the song and half the time when I then click the play button nothing happens.  Also, it thinks I'm trying to do the upgrade trial and seems to kick me off the app.  Not a well written app, I'm afraid.  I'm just trying to create a play list of songs that I can then listen to in the car via my phone app.  You sure make it hard to do.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @kmholet. 👋

When launching the Pandora website, are you using a bookmark? The website should not default to a specific song each time you visit to listen to your tunes. 

It sounds like you may need to check the bookmark that you use to access Pandora.

It should only be: https://www.pandora.com

If there is anything added onto to it (e.g., https://www.pandora.com/#/genres/top), then erase that. That is most likely the problem.

++

Playlists:

Listening to songs on-demand and creating playlists are a feature of Premium only. 

We recently updated your search function so that you can look for on-demand content as well as radio stations that you might enjoy, without being a Pandora Premium subscriber.

If you search for and tap on the name of an artist, song, or album, you'll be brought to a "backstage page," where you can either create a radio station or press play. If you press play you indicate that you'd like to listen to that content right away (or "on-demand"). Since only Premium subscribers can listen on-demand, you may see an ad for Premium, or be prompted to unlock a complimentary session of Premium.

Keep in mind that upgrading to Premium or accepting a complimentary session of Premium is completely optional; you can close the ad and we'll create a station for you to listen to instead.

Should you decide to accept a complimentary session of Premium, rest assured that you won't be billed; because the additional cost of these sessions is covered by the advertisement, your account will return to your regular service automatically when the session expires, and you won't be charged any Premium fees.

++

You can find out more about the differences in our subscription options here: Pandora Subscriptions FAQ

I hope this information is helpful. Let me know if you have any other questions. 🎧

0 Kudos

cbyrnes
Local Performer

Tried that. Didn't work. What else? I tried refreshing the site, but that had no effect either.

Using Google Chrome, laptop app for Windows, it's happening with everything, yes, I have premium plus account, no error messages.

mod edit: merged comments
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @cbyrnes. 👋

Thanks for reporting your experience. 

Have you tried the Chrome troubleshooting? If not, let's try out these steps while I have a trace enabled on your account to see if it helps: Chrome Troubleshooting

Does this happen if you attempt to create a station, play a station, or listen to content on-demand?

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

tplaf2
Local Performer

USING WINDOWS 10 PANDORA APP

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @tplaf2. 👋

Let's try some troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve the issue. 

First, try resetting the Pandora app from the Help menu (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you). Press Alt on your keyboard to bring up a menu options at the top of the page, then select Help and Reset App Data.

If you're still having issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling using the following steps:

1. Locate Pandora in your Start Menu, and right-click to reveal an additional menu. Select Uninstall from the dropdown menu. From there, select Pandora from the list and confirm by selecting Uninstall once more.
  2. Next, find our app in the Windows Store on your device. Search for Pandora in the upper right corner and click or tap Get to re-install.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Please note that downloading any application on your devices requires a Microsoft account and password, and it may be a different email address and password than those on your Pandora account.

Also, we do not support Pandora on unofficial OS releases, like preview or developer builds. We only support Pandora on configurations that we have fully tested, so as to ensure the application will work correctly and not cause any problems with functions of the device.

0 Kudos