cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: Premium Access Limitation

JulioZaleski
Underground

so my audio keeps cutting out but the music is still playing i dont know if its because im on computer or what but it really needs to be fixed

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @JulioZaleski. 👋

Thanks for sending over that helpful screenshot. Looks like you've enabled several complimentary Premium Access sessions.

There's a natural tension between valuable ad space and the listening experience. Because of that, we're actively testing the length of these sessions to provide the best listening experience for everyone. As a result, the average length and availability of your complimentary session may fluctuate. We'll automatically save your on-demand music collection for your next Premium experience.

Due to licensing restrictions, we have to limit the number of Premium Access sessions per person.

If you're hitting a limit, it means you've used quite a few of these sessions lately. We're so glad you're enjoying the extra functionality.

I know that limits like this can be frustrating, so I'll definitely pass along your feedback.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

17 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JulioZaleski I moved your post over to the Desktop space.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

1. What exactly do you mean when you say the audio keeps cutting out?
  2. Are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing? 

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

JulioZaleski
Underground

im on a school chromebook there is no error message the audio just stops when i switch to the next song and im in the browser

0 Kudos

JulioZaleski
Underground

also heres the screenshot Screenshot 2021-01-13 at 2.21.16 PM.png

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @JulioZaleski. 👋

Thanks for sending over that helpful screenshot. Looks like you've enabled several complimentary Premium Access sessions.

There's a natural tension between valuable ad space and the listening experience. Because of that, we're actively testing the length of these sessions to provide the best listening experience for everyone. As a result, the average length and availability of your complimentary session may fluctuate. We'll automatically save your on-demand music collection for your next Premium experience.

Due to licensing restrictions, we have to limit the number of Premium Access sessions per person.

If you're hitting a limit, it means you've used quite a few of these sessions lately. We're so glad you're enjoying the extra functionality.

I know that limits like this can be frustrating, so I'll definitely pass along your feedback.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

JulioZaleski
Underground

ohhhh haha lol thank you sooo much

0 Kudos

eeeee
Underground

I'm having the same problem on laptop even though it worked fine earlier today

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @eeeee. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this.

• Does this happen when you attempt to initiate a complimentary session of Premium Access?
  • Which web browser are you using? Or are you using the Pandora Desktop App for Windows or MAC computers?

Let me know. 🎧

eeeee
Underground

@AlyssaPandora I'm using google chrome, and yes, when I log into pandora and try to activate a complimentary session, it won't let me, and that pops up. 

It still won't work even after I've logged out and closed my tabs and restarted my computer

mod edit: format
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@eeeee Thanks for confirming.

Due to licensing restrictions, we have to limit the number of Premium Access sessions per person. Based on your message, it looks like you're hitting the limit. This means you've used quite a few of these sessions lately. We're so glad you're enjoying the extra functionality.

I know that limits like this can be frustrating, so I'll definitely pass along your feedback. If you'd like to see if you're eligible for a longer trial or upgrade to Premium, visit our website.

Thanks for your understanding. 🎧

0 Kudos

eeeee
Underground

I'm thirteen bruh. I guess that I'll just have to go watch youtube and watch their ads and give them money instead of you. @AlyssaPandora 

0 Kudos

eeeee
Underground

NONONO @AlyssaPandora 

0 Kudos

eeeee
Underground

Lmao "Julio's Vibes" @JulioZaleski 

LukeD
Local Performer

I am having the same issue and it is really annoying because I have checked that my ad blocker is disabled and it is. This started yesterday at 4:00 pm. Please help me when you get the chance, thanks! 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @LukeD. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this.

Does this error message pop up when you attempt to initiate a complimentary Premium Access session? Or, when you're listening to your stations?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

LukeD
Local Performer

it happens when I try to initiate the complimentary premium session

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for confirming, @LukeD

To keep everything organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Desktop: Premium Access Limitation

At this time, you're hitting the limit for the complimentary Premium Access sessions. We're actively testing the length of these sessions to provide the best listening experience for everyone. As a result, the average length and availability of your complimentary session may fluctuate.

We'll automatically save your on-demand music collection for your next Premium experience. In the meantime, if you'd like to see if you're eligible for a longer trial or upgrade to Premium, visit our website.

Hope this info is helpful. 🎧

0 Kudos

SakerFalcon
Local Performer

FOR ANYONE HAVING TROUBLE WITH SKIPPING AUDIO :

I would recommend (to anyone, REGARDLESS of whether you are an ad-based premium user or a paying subscription holding premium user) -- if you are having problems with your audio skipping out, and/or annoyingly stopping out of nowhere during playback :

Try this solution:

1- download the Opera desktop browser from www.opera.com  ,

2- ENABLE THE FREE OPERA VPN : here is how to do that :  https://www.wikihow.com/Turn-on-the-Built‐In-VPN-for-Opera-Browser

3- AFTER MAKING SURE that you have turned on the free Opera vpn (FIRST) - now go to www.pandora.com (MAKING SURE TO USE THE OPERA BROWSER).

Now you will (hopefully, probably) be able to listen without a problem.

Technical blah blah that may or may not interest anyone:

(I suspect the reason why this fix seems to usually work is about ISPs (internet service providers) choosing to use smart packet modifier (aka shaper) software and/or devices to limit how long high quality streaming audio can play for (probably mainly in order to prioritize video streaming instead) - but in any event, enjoy. 🙂 )

That is, get the desktop browser if you listen with a computer like me, otherwise of course try a mobile version instead.

(last last last note, sorry...) -- SO for those who are using a CHROMEBOOK, if you have the google play store on your chromebook, then you might be able to possibly use an Opera mobile version on that chromebook.

Can't say or sure if that may work or not, because I have no chromebook to test that idea on.

more info re this :  https://www.androidauthority.com/run-android-apps-chromebook-703248/

One last note, I DO NOT BELIEVE THERE IS ANY WAY to be able to use this solution on a chromebook, but that's just my best guess on that. (i.e. - this fix DOES work for me, but I'm using only Windows computers here.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos