cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: Selecting Shuffle icon under album art on Playlist starts Station Shuffle

nalderbr3
Local Performer

I am using the desktop app on a windows computer. There is no error message. It simply starts playing the last station I shuffled rather than the playlist I'm trying trying to use. I click on the playlist as I normally do and hit shuffle, only the music that plays isn't from that statin but rather the last "Panic! at the Disco" station I last listened to days ago on my phone. 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Howdy Folks! We just released a new web version (1.237.0) that should fix this issue. Please restart your browser and try again!

Hope this helps, let me know otherwise!

This thread will be closed off to further comments. Should you run into trouble again in the future. Please create a new post, referencing this thread.

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

19 Replies

nalderbr3
Local Performer

Recently my computer has stopped allowing me to shuffle my playlists. My phone still allows the function but for some reason, my desktop is having issues. Whenever I press the shuffle button it starts shuffling the last station I was listening to rather than the playlist I'm trying to listen to. I've tried logging out and logging back in again but it didn't help the issue. 

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @nalderbr3 👋

Thanks for reaching out and sorry for the shuffling issues.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?

Let me know!

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Thanks for following up with that info at @nalderbr3!

Let's try troubleshooting the Pandora app to see if this will help with the shuffling issue, please complete our Desktop App Troubleshooting steps. 

Hope this helps, let me know how it goes!

0 Kudos

nalderbr3
Local Performer

I followed the trouble shooting instructions and uninstalled and reinstalled the app but I'm still having the same issue. 

0 Kudos

sparker01915
Underground

I have my collection of songs.  For whatever reason thru the web player when I go to my collection and choose shuffle songs it plays a song but then randomly shuffles to songs not even in My Collection

Any Have any ideas as to what might be happening?

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Sorry to hear that uninstalling and reinstalling the app did not resolve the shuffling issue @nalderbr3.

As a workaround, for now, try starting a track within in the playlist first and then select the Shuffle icon that's in the tuner bar at the bottom in order to shuffle the playlist. (view image below)
Screen Shot 2023-02-10 at 9.18.19 AM.png

In the meantime, I'd like to report this issue to our engineers for further investigation. Could you help by providing a little more info?
  1. Make and model of your device:
  2. Network (Wi-Fi or 3G/4G/LTE):
  3. Pandora version (under Pandora Settings on the bottom left):
  4. Windows version & build:
  5. Are you able to stream Pandora normally through a web browser like Chrome or Firefox?

Also, are you running a Preview Build of Windows? If so, are you in the fast ring or slow ring?

Thanks for your help with this, let me know! 🤝

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @sparker01915 👋

I moved your original post onto a related thread under Desktop: Shuffling Issues with Playlists.

Thanks for shouting this out and sorry to hear that there's an issue shuffling your collection.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

• Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  3. Do you experience shuffling issues on your stations, playlists, or all across the board?

Let me know what you find out! 🎧

0 Kudos

JayTay
Local Performer

I have a playlist called You Me At Six which has 59 songs in it. Until today, when I hit shuffle it would shuffle those 59 songs. As of this morning, when I hit shuffle it is playing songs from some other station or playlist but not the songs that are actually in the You Me At Six playlist. It’s definitely playing music from on of my stations or at least music tailored to me as all the songs so far are songs I listen to or by artists I like. 

I've tried clearing the cache, restarting the browser, restarting the PC, logging out/ in. Nothing has worked. I should mentioned that the shuffle feature for that playlist works just fine on my phone.

Edit: I just tried shuffling my other playlists and none of them are working 

0 Kudos

nalderbr3
Local Performer
  1. Make and model of your device: Asus G712L
  2. Network (Wi-Fi or 3G/4G/LTE): Wi-Fi 
  3. Pandora version (under Pandora Settings on the bottom left): 15.0.3.0
  4. Windows version & build: Windows 11 Home 64 bit
  5. Are you able to stream Pandora normally through a web browser like Chrome or Firefox? I'm having the same issues running Pandora through my web browser as I am through my desktop app. The last suggestion has been working but the button beneath the playlist still isn't. 
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for providing that info, @nalderbr3.

I've passed this along to the appropriate parties for further investigation. We'll follow up with you if we need any additional details.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JayTay I moved your post over to this existing thread: Selecting Shuffle icon under album art on Playlist starts Station Shuffle

Your feedback has now been added to the ticket our engineers are looking into.

In the meantime, please check out @GeraldPandora's message for a workaround.

Thanks for your patience as this issue is investigated.

0 Kudos

Desanto846
Underground

This is the same problem I'm having! I first noticed it Saturday, I go to the main playlist I made and hit shuffle and it's not playing songs from that playlist at all, I think it's playing songs from the Moby Grape radio station I had saved in my collection but not sure. And it won't shuffle songs from any playlist I go on. Tried logging out and back in, tried playing a song from my playlist then hitting shuffle, nothing has worked. 

The button is still there on my playlists(or any playlist), it just isn't shuffling songs from the playlist, I've had Pandora Premium for years and this is the first time this has ever happened. my main playlist I made has 1,137 songs currently and is a mix of music, the best way to play it is on shuffle.

Just noticed this problem yesterday, when I hit the shuffle button on my "D's Ultimate Mix" playlist it isn't playing songs from that playlist and it has the thumbs up and thumbs down buttons which never show up when I'm playing music from a playlist I made. Anyone else having this problem?

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Desanto846 I've gone ahead and added your feedback to the ticket our engineers are looking into.

In the meantime, please check out @GeraldPandora's message for a workaround.

Thanks for your patience!

0 Kudos

jenniweiss
Local Performer

The problem isn't limited to the desktop app.  I'm having the problem through the browser.  

Mac OS: 10.15.7

Chrome Version 110.0.5481.77 (Official Build) (x86_64)

0 Kudos

Phrccino
Local Performer

This sounds similar to a problem I just started yesterday. I go to my playlists, find a playlist to which I want to listen, and hit shuffle. Instead shuffling inside that playlist, it goes to some global shuffle station and play random songs. Not only do I not know where this station came from but Up until yesterday, I could shuffle inside of a particular playlist if I wanted to.

Pandora, y'all need to leave well enough alone and stop making all these changes that are counter-intuitive to a working/vibing listening experience.

I may have to take my $110 to another platform. 😄

Thanks and help!!!

Kelvin (daFunkDealer)

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @Phrccino 👋

Thanks for reporting this and sorry for the shuffling issues.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing? (If you're not sure how to take a screenshot, just let me know and I'll be happy to provide you with some additional steps.)

Let me know.
0 Kudos

Phrccino
Local Performer

Hey, Gerald,

I see now that I replied to a forum/thread that was dealing with Apple/Mac platforms. My apologies for not being more attentive--I am kind of desperate to figure out what's going on, so I was reaching earlier, trying to see of someone was experiencing similar issues.

1--I mostly listen on the desktop app (Win 11 at Home, Win 10 at work).

2--When on my device/phone, I am using the app (Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G Ultra). 

3--No error message. This problem just started yesterday up in my office and it is doing the same thing at home. Only on my Win 10 & 11 Machines. (The one at home is a Dell G7 17 Gaming Laptop (not a gamer, just wanted the gaming power for regular sh*t and to run multiple programs Adobe, Office, Pandora, Firefox, Zoom, and other platforms without the sacrificing speed & power). The joint at work is a Bytespeed which is a custom build desktop that is also pretty fast--it runs Win 10.

4--Here is what I see, in steps. 

--The first pic is what I see when I open the Pandora App.

--The second pic is the playlist I wish to shuffle.

--The third is where we end up after pressing the shuffle icon next to the play icon.

Screenshot_20230213_195533.png

Screenshot_20230213_195556.png

Screenshot_20230213_195705.png

I love Madlib and His Yesterdays New Quintet, no doubt, but that vibe is nowhere near the Brad Mehldau vibe I've been on today.

Thanks, Gerald.

Hopes this gives you some more insight into what's going on.

Phrccino.

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Thanks for the well-explained step process and for updating us on the device details @Phrccino!

Since this issue is happening on your PC, I moved your original post onto the desktop space and on a similar thread under Desktop: Selecting Shuffle icon under album art on Playlist starts Station Shuffle.

We have an open ticket with our engineers regarding this specific issue and I have passed your feedback to them.

However, please check out this post for the workaround to start shuffling the songs on your playlist. Let me know if that helps!

Thanks for you help with this! 🤝

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Howdy Folks! We just released a new web version (1.237.0) that should fix this issue. Please restart your browser and try again!

Hope this helps, let me know otherwise!

This thread will be closed off to further comments. Should you run into trouble again in the future. Please create a new post, referencing this thread.