cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: Songs Won't Play Keeps Skipping

Cx_Fades
Local Performer

Hello.AlyssaPandora. Im having the same issue , where the songs just skip through and won't play. This is on a computer / laptop . though. 

24 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Cx_Fades I moved your post to the Desktop space since this issue sounds specific to your computer/laptop.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? 

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot/screen-recording of what you're seeing? 

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

riles1417
Local Performer

I am using the desktop on Firefox and about every 15-20 songs it will start a song but then skip after about 30 seconds.  If I choose to replay it will then play the whole song.  I have seen similar issues but no resolution.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@riles1417 I recommend running through these troubleshooting steps to see if they resolve the skipping issue: Firefox Troubleshooting

It may also help to stream Pandora on a different browser (ex: Google Chrome) to verify if this issue is specific to Firefox.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Lumacatcher
Local Performer

This is happing to me too. On my Android, personal PC and work PC. All 3 skip to the next song and never plays. It's now day 3 and nothings changed.

0 Kudos

Lumacatcher
Local Performer

I use Chrome primarily but just tried Explorer and it did the same. I cleared the browsing history but nothing changed.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lumacatcher It sounds like the issue may be related to the network you're using to connect to Pandora if this is happening across devices.

Please try connecting your device directly via an Ethernet cable and see if that helps.

If there is no change, try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

If Pandora still isn't working, could you check if you're able to connect to your network using another streaming service, such as YouTube?

You might also try connecting your device to an entirely different network, or using a different device on your current network, to see if your streaming improves.

Let me know how it goes! 

0 Kudos

jrp
Underground

over the past week pandora for chrome, desktop, lenovo k540e, has begun skipping in song, kind of like a lightly scratched CD.

i refresh the browser, the problem stops for, at most, two songs, then begins again. 

this issue doesn't occur in android mobile app, nor in ugh Edge.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jrp Since this issue sounds specific to Google Chrome, running through these troubleshooting steps should help resolve this: Chrome Troubleshooting

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

jrp
Underground

complete deletion of most history seems to have resolved the issue. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy to hear that, @jrp!

Enjoy the music. 😁 

jrp
Underground

well, it's started again, actually. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jrp Sorry to hear that you're still having trouble with this. Based on your message, it sounds browser related if you're able to listen normally with Microsoft Edge. 

Another option is to use the Desktop App for Windows computers. You can find out more information about how it works here.

I can also send over an email to run a diagnostic on your Chrome browser to share with our engineering team. Let me know if you'd like for me to send that over via email. 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

dabud62
Local Performer

SAME HERE, SO I LOGGED IN THE OLD WAY TO PANDORA.COM

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @dabud62. 👋

Were you using the Pandora Desktop app when your songs were skipping? MAC or Windows?

If so, you could also try running through these troubleshooting steps to see if it helps: Desktop App Troubleshooting

Hope this helps. Feel free to let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

D_Smith_58
Local Performer

I am having the same issue on my computer.  It started about three days ago.  Firefox and Chrome both skip to the next song before it finishes every third song or so.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@D_Smith_58 It sounds like the issue may be related to the network you're using to connect to Pandora.

Please try connecting your device directly via an Ethernet cable and see if that helps.

If there is no change, try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

If Pandora still isn't working, could you check if you're able to connect to your network using another streaming service, such as YouTube?

You might also try connecting your device to an entirely different network, or using a different device on your current network, to see if your streaming improves.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

meredithmaran
Underground

SAME! So annoying! on a macbook pro. no other network problems.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@meredithmaran Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

]Are you listening to Pandora on:

1. Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

violexx65
Local Performer

For so many people to be having the SAME issue across multiple platforms/media forums means it is not the devices/browser/internet... it is YOUR app. "Turning it off and back on it again" is not cutting it. Fix it.