cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: Unable to start Premium Access session

Local Performer

I have the premium subscription. yet, it keeps asking me to join. I already paid for this and I am sorry that I did.  When I try to hear a song, a POPUP comes up and say, listen to a short message.  When you click it it says, OPPs something went wrong.  Try again later.  I guess that I will just chalk this up to Lessons Learned!!

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@1214 It sounds like you are having trouble initiating Premium Access sessions when attempting to play tracks on demand.

Can you provide me with a screenshot of the error message you're seeing?

Additionally, are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
27 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@1214 It sounds like you are having trouble initiating Premium Access sessions when attempting to play tracks on demand.

Can you provide me with a screenshot of the error message you're seeing?

Additionally, are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

• Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Local Performer

Hello

I am using a Windows computer and using your website

Internet explorer

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@1214 Can you please try streaming Pandora from a different browser? (ex: Chrome or Firefox)

Let me know if you continue to experience issues there as well.

0 Kudos

Local Performer

I tried other browsers, same issue.  What I would like to know is why this only happens to one performer, Tim Wilson!  It does not do this with anyone else on my list!!  Is it because he is not politically correct??

It does not allow me to even listen to an add.  All I get is "Oops something went wrong try again later"

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@1214 I see what the issue is - it looks like you mentioned you stream Pandora using Internet Explorer.

We no longer support Internet Explorer. Please use one of our supported browsers for listening to Pandora, like Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Microsoft Edge.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Local Performer

Hi Adam

If this is the case, how come all other songs and albums play on the same platform?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@1214 I'm happy to look into this further.

Does the same error message pop up when you attempt to initiate a Premium Session on Google Chrome or Firefox?

If so, can you please send me a screenshot of that error message on either of those browsers?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Local Performer

1214_0-1613419330216.png

1214_1-1613419351992.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@1214 What browser were you streaming Pandora on when that error message popped up?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Local Performer

We are just going in circles now!  You have not answered my question, as to why I do not get the error on any other songs or albums.

Please cancel my subscription!!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@1214 I'd like to know what browser you were using when that error message popped up as we have been unsuccessful in reproducing the issue you reported.

You should be able to initiate a Premium Session when selecting Hillbilly Homeboy (Explicit) as long as you are using one of our supported browsers.

Can you please let me know if that screenshot you sent over popped up when streaming Pandora over Internet Explorer?

If not, what browser were you using?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you'd still prefer to cancel your subscription, you can find instructions how to do so here: Manage subscription: Direct Billed

0 Kudos

Sawyer1
Local Performer

please let me get a session, 

yes it does

mod edit: merges comments

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Sawyer1. 👋

Could you share a bit more about what is happening?

Are you receiving any error messages when you attempt to initiate a complimentary Premium Access session? If so, what exactly does it say? 

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

zappaf19
Local Performer

I have the same problem with the cheaper version.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@zappaf19 Could you share a bit more about what is happening?

Are you receiving any error messages when you attempt to initiate a complimentary Premium Access session? If so, what exactly does it say? 

Let me know.

0 Kudos

zappaf19
Local Performer
It al comes up but won't play. No error messages
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the follow up, @zappaf19.

Are you using a web browser or the Pandora Desktop app when this happens?

Also, does this happen with any song? Or, a particular song that you're attempting to play?

Let me know, and I can share this with the appropriate party on your behalf. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Sissy_Bear
Local Performer

Can't Play A Specific Song On My Computer

I sometimes listen to Pandora on my computer mainly on my phone and when I do use my computer and wnt to listen to a song I type the song in and hit the play button my music pauses and it acts like it wants to pull up the want to listen to this song watch a quick ad button on my computer but never does and I just want to be able to do this on my computer like I am allowed to do on Pandora on my phone. THIS **ahem**

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sissy_Bear I moved your post over to this existing thread: Desktop: Unable to start Premium Access session

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? 

3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos