cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: "Something has gone wrong" Error with Premium Access

Branden
Underground

I can listen to radio. but in order to listen to collected songs/albums you have to watch an ad. I can watch the ad that appears no problem. The issue comes after the ad is over. I get an error message "OOPS. Something has gone wrong. Please try again later.".

This issue is about 2 weeks old now.

Labels (5)
47 Replies

janzig
Local Performer

Hi Alyssa, @AlyssaPandora 

I have been a free listener at work for years.  I tried to do what others have done above and play an album I was interested in, figuring I could watch the ad. However, no ad plays and I get the 'Oops, something went wrong" message.  Ok, so I then decided to upgrade to Pandora Plus but still doesn't work.

You have told others that they "reached your limit of Premium Access sessions."  What does this mean?  What is a Premium Access session?  My Pandora runs all day, every day at work. Can you only listen to an album with Premium?  If I upgrade to premium, can I listen to the album? I have yet to be able to listen to anything other than the streaming radio, so not sure what I need to do?  Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @janzig 👋

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear that you're receiving that error message. Could you tell me a bit more about the device you're using? If you are on a computer, are you listening from:

• A Mac or Windows computer?
  • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?

++++

Premium Access Session

To answer your question, a Premium Access Session allows you to enable a complimentary session of Pandora Premium, which allows you to interact with an ad in order to listen to content on demand like full-length albums, songs, and be able to create playlists. Because these sessions are funded by advertisements, your account will return to your regular service automatically at the end of the session and you won't be charged any Premium fees. For more information all about Premium Access Session please visit Tanner's Tips: #2 Premium Access.

++++

Listening to Full-Length Albums

To listen to full-length albums you must be subscribed to Pandora Premium or start a Premium Access Session. I see that you started a trial of Pandora Plus which is a little different from Pandora Premium.

With Plus, you get:

• Ad-free personalized stations
  • Unlimited skips
  • The ability to replay songs
  • The option to download radio stations for offline listening

On the other hand, Premium subscribers receive all the same benefits, as well as: 

• Listen to songs or albums on-demand
  • Create custom playlists
  • Download songs, albums or playlists for offline listening
  • Access Higher Quality Audio
  • Queue content to keep the music playing

If you would like to listen to full-length albums anytime, anywhere, I suggest upgrading to Pandora Premium. Let me know and I can help!

Hope this clarifies any questions, please let me know what device you're using and I can provide some troubleshooting steps to help with that error message popping up! 🎧

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport

janzig
Local Performer

Hi Gerald,

Thanks for the reply. I am using Pandora on a Windows PC running Google Chrome.  I work for a university so accessing through whatever typical firewalls they have in place.  I also run various ad blockers, do not track, etc.  I did add Pandora to the 'allowed' sites for pop ups and redirects in Chrome.

I think I understand what you said about Plus vs Premium subscription.  So in order to listen to an album at all I would need either Premium or a Premium Access session. My attempt at the Premium Access session is what is not working, probably because of the ad blockers I am running. I will see if allowing Pandora to bypass these will help. Thanks.

GeraldPandora

Thanks for the update @janzig!

The ad blocker may be the issue on why your Premium Acces Session is not working properly because these sessions are funded by advertisements. To avoid experiencing any listening issues, you can find steps on how to add Pandora to the allowlist in your ad blocker on our help page.

In addition, I also recommend troubleshooting your web browser with our Chrome Troubleshooting steps to see if this helps.

Let us know how it goes!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport

Roadside41
Local Performer

I had this issue as well. I turned off adblock + and it worked. Maybe check to see if there is another app blocking adds. I know malwarebytes free version recently upgraded and I had to turn that off altogether. Hope this helps

Ray

Person1
Local Performer

What about desktop cuz that **ahem** dont work

Veloslave
Local Performer

Wow this one is very frustrating (language used deleted lol, blood pressure has returned to normal)

So I finally got it figured out... go to AdBlock (or what you use for blocking ads) and turn it off for Pandora

Whew

0 Kudos

PyroFire2792
Local Performer

Whenever I try to use the temporary 30 minute free premium trial, for the past few days it's been saying 'Oops! Something has gone wrong. Please try again." When I click the button to watch the ad. It doesn't show the ad. I've restarted my computer, closed and re-opened the tab, and logged out and then back in several times. I don't know what's wrong, and it won't give me a reason for the error. The ads work just fine on my phone. How do I fix it? Here's a screenshot of the error.

Screenshot 2023-08-17 11.55.33 AM.png

0 Kudos