cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distortion / Loud Buzzing Noise Interrupting Songs

Annamaytion
Local Performer

Is anyone else experiencing a horrid buzzing noise that interrupts songs? Every few songs on my station is interrupted by a loud buzzing. After a few seconds it stops, but the next song starts up. If I can't fix this problem, I want my money back! Premium my eye!

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (3)
55 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for reporting, @MediaLIon.

One thing to note, Brave isn't currently a supported browser for Pandora. All minimum specifications for Pandora on your computer can be found in this thread: Web Minimum Specs

For your Google Chrome browser, it may be helpful to try out these steps.

In the meantime, I've escalated your case to email so that we can get a diagnostic to share with our engineering team. 📬

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

alan93
Local Performer

There is a "bzzzz" noise in all songs when playing in Chrome Browser all the time now.

This just started in the last 3 days.

My bandwidth test shows I am getting about 500mb on fiberoptics network.

What is the problem with this? its about a 1 second buzz and happens about every 6-8 seconds. I"m not going to be able to listen to this. I will have to turn it off if it keeps up. 

I tested this on another app on my PC and it still did it. 

Then I played it on my android phone app and it didn't do it. So its something with my PC that just started but not sure what that is.

echo , echo , echo , echo.

mod edit: format

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @alan93. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread: Distortion / Loud Buzzing Noise Interrupting Songs

I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more. I would recommend running through these steps to see if it helps with the buzzing noise during your listening sessions on Google Chrome.

Let me know if this helps. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

PikovAndropov
Local Performer

So I tried a new station. Pandora said I could listen to it with a free session of a paid service. Once the session ended, regular playback became muffled, like someone turned down the settings of an equalizer, or muffled as if being played on old monaural headphones. I can't figure out why. I'm on a Windows machine running the web version on Chrome. Blazing internet up and down.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@PikovAndropov Thanks for sharing your experience on the Community.

I recommend running through these troubleshooting steps to see if they resolve the issue for you: Chrome Troubleshooting

It may also help to test this out on a different browser (ex: Firefox) to see if this issue is specific to Google Chrome, or reproducible across all browsers.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

flynbob
Local Performer

I've had that problem too, but I'm in Alaska, and my internet is spotty with poor weather...seems to be a bandwidth thing, but pandora doesn't use much, there is probably a way to set aside a certain bandwith but I dunno what it is..

0 Kudos

kfrechman
Local Performer

When listening to Pandora on my Windows 10 desktop, either through a web page or the app, ANY internet access causes the music to distort, slow down and generally become un-listenable. I've done several Google searches for a solution, but have not been able to find one.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @kfrechman. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this. I moved your post over to this thread as it sounds like you're experiencing some distortion during your listening sessions.

Have you experienced any error messages? If so, what does it say?

++

Troubleshooting:

In the meantime, I would recommend trying out the troubleshooting steps for the specific browser you're experiencing this issue with here:

You can also try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

If Pandora still isn't working, could you check if you're able to connect to your network using another streaming service, such as YouTube?

Feel free to let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

techmom13
Local Performer

I can't believe there is not yet a fix for this issue.  I've seen numerous complaints, tried different browsers and still having the issue myself.  Why hasn't Pandora posted a fix?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @techmom13. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble during your listening sessions.

I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account. Have you tried running through the troubleshooting steps for your specific browser or Pandora Desktop app? If not, I would recommend checking out my post about this here.

Let us know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

NeilPearson
Local Performer

I am assuming it has to do with packet loss or some kind of internet disruption.  If I connect or am disconnected from vpn, it always happens and for several seconds... that is when it is the worst.  Also just doing other things that hit against the internet, opening other pages will cause it.

Pandora obviously does some caching... I just pulled my internet cable out and it still continued to play so I'm not sure why vpn dropping would immediately cause it.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@NeilPearson I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

To clarify, have you tried running through the troubleshooting steps for your specific browser or Pandora Desktop app? If not, I would recommend checking out this here.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

phennam
Local Performer

Hello, same problem here. Pandora on Firefox, Linux Mint, all updates. Sounds like a torn speaker, and its intermittent, Music will be very distorted for a time, then clear up. If I open another user account on the same computer, I have no issues! same browser, same settings, No idea what is going on.

Thanks

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @phennam. 👋

Thanks for letting us know about this. 

First, I would recommend trying out these steps for your Firefox browser: Firefox Troubleshooting

• Have you tried using a different browser (for the same account)?
  • If so, do you experience this while using a different browser like Chrome? 

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

phennam
Local Performer
Hello:  Thanks for getting back.  My husband will only use Firefox and has no use for windows, so...... This buzzing/static has been going on for a while and in Googling it, found that others are also having issues.  For now, we are getting your content through Pithos. The problem is intermittent but  happens more often than less.  I am not a techie so really can't answer your questions in any great detail, etc.  My husband, who is quite up to speed on this stuff, has been stumped by the problem.   Just very aggravating to be paying for something that is not working well.  Had no issues with it until some months ago.  If you need more info./more technical info., please write back and I will forward  your email to my husband.  Thanks, Lorraine Mechem
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @phennam.

If he hasn't already done so, I would recommend having him try out the following troubleshooting steps for Firefox: Firefox Troubleshooting

Also to clarify, does this only happen with his Pandora account?

Or do you also experience the same issue when logging into your Pandora account on the same computer?

Let me know.

0 Kudos