cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edge version 120: Playing stops after each song finishes

tczx3
Underground

Starting in either Edge 119 or 120, it seems that Pandora won't start playing automatically when the site loads.  I did find the support article saying that eventually, Edge will learn your preference on this.  I also added "www.pandora.com" to the allow list of Media Autoplay in Edge's settings but that hasn't proven to change anything yet.  Additionally, playback keeps stopping after each song finishes requiring me to manually click the play button again.  The browser console shows "Uncaught (in promise) DOMException: play() can only be initiated by a user gesture."  I see in WakeLock.jsx that there is some hacky workaround that is meant to keep the browser from "going into sleep mode".  There is also mention in a comment about how a user gesture is required but it doesn't seem that the code is working any longer in Edge.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the follow up, @brehm2654. We've gone ahead and shared this information with our tech team on your behalf. In the meantime, we would recommend using a different browser as this seems related to the Edge browser specifically. Thanks for your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
18 Replies

jmontemayor0719
Local Performer

This is happening to me too. After every song and advertisement it stops. I actually upgraded to premium thinking it would help out and it didn't. Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos

DonRabbit
Local Performer

I have this problem too.  It has certainly been getting worse recently.  I made sure my ad-blocker (AdBlock) was disabled on Pandora.com.   I've added "pandora.com" and  "[*.]pandora.com" to my media auto-play list.  If it doesn't start working soon, my next step is to see if accessing Pandora from Firefox solves the problem, 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @tczx3 

Thanks for posting, seems like you've tried quite a bit of troubleshooting. I currently don't believe that I can offer any other troubleshooting steps that would provide an immediate resolution. I've gone ahead and created a ticket and informed our engineering team so they can investigate further.

For any other listeners that may be experiencing this with Edge feel free to post to this thread and you will be added to our ticket.

• When posting, please confirm that you're on the Edge version 120. If you are experiencing this issue on another version of Edge, please provide which version.
  • Additionally, please confirm if this occurs when using another browser such as Chrome, Firefox or when using our desktop app.

@jmontemayor0719 and @DonRabbit

Thanks for posting, I've gone ahead and added you to the ticket.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

tczx3
Underground

Not really sure what changed today but it is working in Edge now.  I always have Pandora pinned and it loads from my last Edge session.  I just had to focus that tab in Edge, (then I opened the browser DevTools which may or may not be relevant) and refreshed the webpage.  After loading, the audio started playing on its own and I haven't had to click the play button at all since.  No clue...  Guess we will see what happens next week.

0 Kudos

demarco4109
Local Performer

Hello.  Recently, my Pandora stops playing after each song.  It used to play continuously, but now I have to press play for each new song.  (I have a free account.)  Can someone please advise me?                                                                                                                   Thank you,                                                                                                                                                            Nick from NJ

mod edit: removed personal email address

0 Kudos

tczx3
Underground

Some more info.  It seems that sometimes it continues to stop auto playing after each song.  But if I go to the tab, click Play, and then refresh the page, then it starts playing automatically and continues to autoplay for the duration of the tab (or Edge's existence).

0 Kudos

brehm2654
Underground

Alyssa or Debraruth, I've been having the same problem--the music stops after a few songs, and it can only be re-started by switching to another station.  I can ad that I hadn't had this problem until late November of 2023.  Then, it began happening more often.  Now, almost anything I select will quit after a few songs, and I have to select another station to get things running again.

I've checked our ISP feed, and it's running at its normal speed--12 to 15 mbps for long downloads and 15 to 20 for bursts of data.  I've been using the Pandora Plus service for almost a year.  I hope this won't be too difficult to fix.

Thank you.

Brad Rehm

Texas

Per your request, I should add that I listen only on a desktop computer running Windows 11 and the Microsoft Edge browser.  I'm "tuned" to your website.  The computer is a Kamrui Mini PC, and when the music stops, no error messages appear on the screen.  I am simply left with the standard listening screen with a large right-facing arrow in the center of the bottom edge of the screen.

Hope this helps.

B. Rehm

Texas

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@brehm2654 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Edge version 120: Playing stops after each song finishes

Can you please confirm that you're on the Edge version 120? If you are experiencing this issue on another version of Edge, please provide which version.

Additionally, please confirm if this occurs when using another browser such as Chrome, Firefox or when using our desktop app

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

brehm2654
Underground
AdamPandora,

Thank you for your response. To answer your question:

I've been using Edge 120.0..2210.133.

Pandora is running properly now under Chrome 120.0.6099.217. It seems
likely that the problem lies with the version of Edge I've been using.

Thank you for your help with the problem.

@brehn2654
0 Kudos

Kasmeyer86
Local Performer

Mine as been doing the same and I'd like to know the answer as well. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @demarco4109 @Kasmeyer86. 👋

Sorry to hear that you both are having trouble with continuous play. 

Happy to gather more details about what's happening. Could you share more info about your experience?

Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

Kasmeyer86
Local Performer

Listening on a Dell Laptop (windows) on the website. No Error message/code, but after each song or advertisement it just stops and I have to press play. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kasmeyer86  Additionally, if you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?

Thanks for working with us on this.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the follow up, @brehm2654. We've gone ahead and shared this information with our tech team on your behalf. In the meantime, we would recommend using a different browser as this seems related to the Edge browser specifically. Thanks for your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

brehm2654
Underground

Thanks for contacting me about the problem.  I'm now using Chrome for Pandora, and it's working fine.

brehm2654

Kasmeyer86
Local Performer

I believe its Microsoft Edge?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sounds good. Thank you for the update, @brehm2654. 👍

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kasmeyer86 We have received similar reports, so I moved your post over to this existing thread: Edge version 120: Playing stops after each song finishes

Can you please confirm that you're on the Edge version 120? If you are experiencing this issue on another version of Edge, please provide which version.

Additionally, please confirm if this occurs when using another browser such as Chrome, Firefox or when using our desktop app. 

I appreciate all of your help with this. 

0 Kudos