cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Shuffle on web with Pandora Premium

hcajones
Local Performer

I have a Premium subscription.  I'm trying to figure out how to select only certain stations for the shuffle function.  There are at least two explanations about how to do this on the Pandora website, but what they say to do and what I see on my screen do not match up.  I thought I could designate only certain stations for shuffle by clicking on the little circle to the bottom right of the station icon, but even when I do that, Pandora continues to shuffle randomly through all my stations, not just the ones I want.

Can anyone explain how to do this?

Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@hcajones Thanks for following up.

I moved your post over to the Desktop space to keep the Community organized.

Customizing Shuffle Stations on web:

Stations with a blue shuffle icon will be included in the Shuffle rotation. Clicking on that icon will remove that station from your shuffle rotation.

You can customize the stations included in your shuffle selection by:

• Navigate to the My Collection page.
  • Sort your collection by clicking on Stations.
  • Click on Shuffle Stations
  • You can then check or uncheck each station to modify your shuffle experience, either in the bottom right corner of each stations' album art, or (if you're using A-Z sorting) to the right of the station name.
  • Premium listeners can navigate more easily when customizing the shuffle experience, by sorting the stations by Recent (date added), A-Z (alphabetical) or Time Listened using the caret on the far right of your screen.

Here is a screenshot of where this is located as well:

Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 5.29.50 AM.png

Hope this helps! 😎

View solution in original post

7 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@hcajones I'm happy to help with this.

What device are you using to stream Pandora?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

hcajones
Local Performer

I'm using a PC.  Not Apple.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@hcajones Thanks for following up.

I moved your post over to the Desktop space to keep the Community organized.

Customizing Shuffle Stations on web:

Stations with a blue shuffle icon will be included in the Shuffle rotation. Clicking on that icon will remove that station from your shuffle rotation.

You can customize the stations included in your shuffle selection by:

• Navigate to the My Collection page.
  • Sort your collection by clicking on Stations.
  • Click on Shuffle Stations
  • You can then check or uncheck each station to modify your shuffle experience, either in the bottom right corner of each stations' album art, or (if you're using A-Z sorting) to the right of the station name.
  • Premium listeners can navigate more easily when customizing the shuffle experience, by sorting the stations by Recent (date added), A-Z (alphabetical) or Time Listened using the caret on the far right of your screen.

Here is a screenshot of where this is located as well:

Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 5.29.50 AM.png

Hope this helps! 😎

hcajones
Local Performer

Thank you.  I am doing what you have described.  Normally, I like a broad shuffle so I may choose a lot of stations.  Sometimes, though, I choose just a few stations for a certain kind of music, for example, 30's - 40's Big Band music.  Without fail, classical music or something else starts playing in the shuffle.  I have several classical music stations, but I don't understand why music completely outside the stations I have chosen keeps popping up when I use the shuffle function. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@hcajones I completely understand where you're coming from. It may be the Thumbs on the station you've selected to Shuffle. 

If you hear Classical music when you select a completely different genre like Big Band music, be sure to give that track a thumbs down 👎. Thumbs are station specific so this won't affect any of your other stations.

Once you've done that, please let me know the station names you selected to Shuffle and I can dig deeper into each station (and your Thumb feedback) to see what is causing that issue. 

I've seen listeners mention similar experiences with out of place tracks and we've been able to locate an accidental Thumbs up 👍 that changed the way their station played. Sometimes, there may be an issue with the actual station. 

Appreciate your help with this! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

pmoram
Local Performer

On a PC with Chrome browser

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @pmoram. 👋

Nice to see you around the community!

To keep everything organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Edit Shuffle on Web with Pandora Premium 

Please check out the accepted solution for this thread about how to edit your shuffle with Premium.

Feel free to let me know if you continue to have trouble with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos