cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Login Error After Entering Correct Info

GiCU2
Local Performer

I haven't been able to login for a few days now. I know that I'm using the correct username and password. I even tried changing my password and it still won't let me login. I thought that maybe my account had been deleted so I clicked the 'Sign Up' button. It just said that there is already an account with that username, i.e. it confirmed that my account has not been deleted. I also tried multiple browsers and disabled extensions. No luck. Please help.

Labels (2)
159 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Monster41 I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

unclebob1948
Local Performer

I have an account and I am able to use Pandora on Roku (television used) but I am unable to use Pandora on my phone and car. I had been using Pandora on my phone but when I connected my phone to charge I received message "welcome back' please enter user name and password. I entered same info that I use on roku and on my laptop, it works on these devices, but the same user name and password are not recognized for my mobile device. I can't figure this out. Help.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @unclebob1948. 👋

Sorry for the continued trouble. Since this involves your password, a member from our team has reached out to you privately via email to offer further assistance. If you haven't received their message yet, please check your spam / junk folder to make sure it didn't end up there. 📬

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

maramowse
Local Performer

I am having this issue, had the problem for a while until I gave up. I've tried changing my password already. Very frustrated.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @maramowse. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this. A member from our team will reach out to you via email offer further support with your account and password. Please keep a look out for their message soon. 📬

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

samdj86
Local Performer

I had this same issue (could not login from chrome, on one PC, but could login fine anywhere else), drug on for days/weeks. eventually contacted pandora support. they eventually advised me that they were blocking my account for vague reasons, but made no effort to assist me in regaining access, just said that it should clear in a 'few days' - which it had already been broken for many days....

After they ignored me for a few more days, I logged out all devices from within my pandora app on my phone (which worked throughout the issue), and the next day, I'm finally able to login again....idk if logging all devices out helped with the situation, but it may have - something worth trying - and if it indeed helps, I don't know why pandora support never advised doing this....also, a notification about the block from pandora would have been nice.

0 Kudos

GuzziJason
Local Performer

I just tried the sign-out-all-other-instances trick mentioned above, but it did nothing to help my situation. At this point, Safari browser works 100% of the time, Pandora desktop app works 100% of the time, mobile app works 100% of the time, and... Chrome browser works 0% of the time. It's amazing that this problem with Chrome seems to have been going on for years, and they can't or won't do anything about it.

mike17476
Local Performer

I have the same issue

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @mike17476. 👋

Thanks for reporting your experience. I've gone ahead and created an email support case for you with our team. Someone will reach out to you via email to offer further assistance. 🎧

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (08/15/22): If you're receiving the incorrect login error message while attempting to access your account on the Pandora Desktop App for MAC or Windows computers, please post here as this is a different issue: Desktop App: Incorrect Login Error (08/15/22)

Thank you! 

0 Kudos

whytheseissues6
Local Performer

@AlyssaPandora I have a similar issue.  I get in one day at a time.  I used to have no issues for months listening to pandora on my desktop, but now I must reset my password almost everyday.  I have even kept a track of the passwords copy/pasted in a document to ensure they are correct when I use them, but I still get the same error the next day

0 Kudos

whytheseissues6
Local Performer

Even odder.  I just clicked on Manage Account on this page, and I successfully signed in. Then the music began playing

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @whytheseissues6. 👋

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having trouble. I know how frustrating that can be.

If the issue persists, please let me know and I can create an email support case for you. 🎧

0 Kudos

jmorrill
Local Performer

I'm now having the problem on the MacOS desktop app. Was working on Monday, failed yesterday and still not working today (Wednesday 11/9/22). I've reset my password and reinstalled the app with no success. playing in Firefox works. I find the Pandora desktop app essential to have running in the background so that when I close  browser windows I don't accidentally close the tab playing music 🙂

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @jmorrill!

Thanks for sharing and sorry for any frustration this may have caused.

I moved your original post to an existing thread under Incorrect Login Error After Entering Correct Info.

I've gone ahead and created an email support case for you with our team. Someone will reach out to you via email to offer further assistance.

Thanks for your help! 🤝

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport

jmorrill
Local Performer

Thanks for helping out!

TheDrunkenMime
Local Performer

Having the same problem logging in using Chrome from a Windows 7 laptop. Keep getting the "incorrect email or password" error. No problems from my phone, nor from my newer laptop.

OK, since the Pandora bot doesn't seem to want to have public discussion on a password issue (which this likely isn't if you can log in from another device). Here is the link to the help page for Chrome. Probably can do something similar to resolve the issue if it occurs on another browser.

https://help.pandora.com/s/article/Chrome-Troubleshooting-1519949296244?language=en_US

Short answer for what worked for me is delete the browser history.

0 Kudos

Mawbito
Local Performer

I am having the same issue. I can’t login with opera, even though my credentials are correct. I need to use opera because I am on an iPhone 6, and the pandora app doesn’t support that phone anymore.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mawbito I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Gumbyman333
Local Performer

I have this issue as well.  I have been using the desktop app on PC for years fine but it signed me out now and will not let me sign in.  I am able to sign out and use my same credentials to sign in on the web browser and it works, but when I use the same username and password on the desktop app it tells me that I am using the wrong username or password.

0 Kudos