cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web: Listen to Pandora from a browser

Chelskerr03
Local Performer

Hey guys,

I have been a pandora user for an extremely long time and I pay for the pandora premium subscription every month to get more benefits outta my account!

Pandora has been around since 2000!  So you would think since they’ve been out for so long and now they receive monthly payments from millions of people every month. In 2009 is when they started the paid subscriptions and since then, I’m sure they keep improving their site for paid customers and maybe even for customers who don’t pay. 
But what I don't get is why you cannot listen to pandora off of the app?! Why can’t you listen to pandora off of your internet browser? And also, if you ever do decide to allow people to either use an app or sign in off an internet browser, you should definitely make sure that when a customer has a certain type of account (free acct., plus acct. and especially a premium acct.) through you, that you provide them with the same abilities, songs, playlists, podcasts, downloads, etc. It would be unfair if someone has the most expensive subscription you offer, like myself, and they signed in off of the internet and noticed they weren’t able to do half of the things they can do on their app and can’t listen to half of the music they typically listen to.

I just don’t see why you can’t allow customers to use both the app and then the internet browser! 
I feel like that would be fair! And a great suggestion to be honest!

Moderator Edit: Format & title for clarity 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @Chelskerr03! Thanks for posting. 

Can you clarify your suggestion a little more? 

It sounds like you may be running into a support issue, since you should be able to listen to Pandora on any supported web browser. We also offer a desktop app for Windows 10 and Mac devices. 

If you're not able to listen on the web, can you tell me a little more about what is happening?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Chelskerr03! Thanks for posting. 

Can you clarify your suggestion a little more? 

It sounds like you may be running into a support issue, since you should be able to listen to Pandora on any supported web browser. We also offer a desktop app for Windows 10 and Mac devices. 

If you're not able to listen on the web, can you tell me a little more about what is happening?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Wildmtnrose
Local Performer

I am trying to listen to pandora using a browser, and it keeps opening up in my App Store wanting me to install the app.
I don’t want any more apps filling up my phone.

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @Wildmtnrose

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting your first post.

Since you're using a mobile phone, you would need to install the Pandora app to listen to your content. Listening to Pandora is not available on the mobile web browser, only through browsers on a personal computer/laptop.

However, the app allows you to edit your profile, search for new content, share music, thumb up & down songs, listen offline, and many more! I highly suggest downloading the app on your phone through your respective app store so that you can listen to Pandora on the go!

Hope this helps and happy listening! 🎧

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

I am deleting my account because i am unable to listen through a web browser and all I have is an iPad.  

Do better.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there 👋

Sorry for any trouble!

If you're using your iPad device, you'll need to download the Pandora app instead of using your browser. I'll include steps below to help with this.

Installing the Pandora app on your iPad:

• You can find our app in the App Store on your device. Search for Pandora and tap Install.

• You can also go to pandora.com on your phone or tablet's web browser, scroll down and select Get the App to install the app.

Downloading any app from the App Store will require that you enter the password for your Apple ID. Keep in mind that the email address and password for your Apple ID account may be different than your Pandora account. 

Also, please be aware that Pandora requires iOS 14 or higher. If you are running iOS 13 or lower, you will need to update your iOS version. If you're not sure how to update the OS on your phone, you can refer to this article for more help. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos