cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listening Offline on Desktop App

mattcrovella
Local Performer

We should be able to download Pandora to our Mac's just like we can download Spotify or something like that. We should not have to go online to hear our music, we should be able to have an app on our laptop to be able to do so.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @anonymous1. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep the community space organized: Listening Offline on Desktop App 

Unfortunately, this isn't a feature of the Pandora desktop app. If you'd like to see this suggestion implemented, please upvote this existing feature request: Offline Mode for Pandora Desktop App 

To upvote this idea, click on the ❤️ icon next to the title of the request.

++

Offline Listening on Mobile:

Sadly, we can only legally offer Pandora services to listeners located in the United States at this time. This applies equally to free and paid accounts, as well as Pandora on all computers and supported devices, including offline. Audio content streaming regulations differ from country to country, and we are still working on acquiring the proper licenses so we can offer Pandora in even more places around the world.

That said, if you are a Pandora Plus or Pandora Premium subscriber, you will be able to play your downloaded music while traveling outside of the country temporarily, or going somewhere with via limited internet connection.

• Please note: You will need to download your offline content prior to leaving our service area. Android users must also manually set the Pandora app to offline mode before leaving.
  • Your offline collection will be removed if you uninstall or sign out of the Pandora app, or if you are unable to re-establish a connection with Pandora via a Wi-Fi or mobile network within 30 days.

Keep in mind: Pandora Premium subscribers can download Stations, Playlists, albums and songs for offline listening and Pandora Plus subscribers will be limited to only four stations.

I hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)

View solution in original post

6 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mattcrovella Your post has been moved to the Desktop space to keep our community organized. 

I have some good news for you - we do have an app available for download. Unfortunately, you won't be able to listen to Pandora offline on your desktop app as this is only available for mobile devices. 

In the meantime, you can install the Pandora desktop app for Mac computers here

Thanks for being a part of the community! 

cafebarca888
Local Performer

I have Pandora Premium and successfully downloaded the app to my Mac. Now, I don't seem to be able to find out how to download music to my computer. Please advise.

Thank you!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @cafebarca888. 👋

Sorry for any confusion around this. Offline downloads are specifically for iOS / Android mobile devices, Apple watches, and Fitbits. Unfortunately, you won't be able to download tunes from the desktop app to your computer. 

You can find out more about how offline downloads work in this helpful article.

Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community! 🎶

anonymous1
Underground

I just upgraded my Pandora account to allow offline listening as I'm about to embark on a trip in which I will have limited internet access. But I can't seem to get offline listening to work on my pc. I understand that it doesn't work outside of the app - but I have the app on my laptop. 

How do I fix this? 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @anonymous1. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep the community space organized: Listening Offline on Desktop App 

Unfortunately, this isn't a feature of the Pandora desktop app. If you'd like to see this suggestion implemented, please upvote this existing feature request: Offline Mode for Pandora Desktop App 

To upvote this idea, click on the ❤️ icon next to the title of the request.

++

Offline Listening on Mobile:

Sadly, we can only legally offer Pandora services to listeners located in the United States at this time. This applies equally to free and paid accounts, as well as Pandora on all computers and supported devices, including offline. Audio content streaming regulations differ from country to country, and we are still working on acquiring the proper licenses so we can offer Pandora in even more places around the world.

That said, if you are a Pandora Plus or Pandora Premium subscriber, you will be able to play your downloaded music while traveling outside of the country temporarily, or going somewhere with via limited internet connection.

• Please note: You will need to download your offline content prior to leaving our service area. Android users must also manually set the Pandora app to offline mode before leaving.
  • Your offline collection will be removed if you uninstall or sign out of the Pandora app, or if you are unable to re-establish a connection with Pandora via a Wi-Fi or mobile network within 30 days.

Keep in mind: Pandora Premium subscribers can download Stations, Playlists, albums and songs for offline listening and Pandora Plus subscribers will be limited to only four stations.

I hope this information is helpful. 🎧

anonymous1
Underground

Thanks for the answer.  Guess I'll be canceling my Pandora premium and switching to Spotify. Disappointing given all the years I've spent fine tuning my personalized radio station.  I get DRM protections, but those can be implemented on a pc too. 😞