cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Station on Desktop

jts
Underground

Hi, Just logged in today on the website and for some reason I'm not able to see one of my stations, but I can still see it on my phone. I did find this previous post, so i'm wondering if it's releated: https://community.pandora.com/t5/Desktop/RESOLVED-10-20-2019-Missing-Stations-on-the-Web/td-p/3251

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

jts
Underground

So seems Pandora support just tried to add the original station mine was created from back to my account. This didn't work because it did not have my thumbs up/down history and any added artists I used to customize it. 

After not getting any further I did some more troubleshooting & I figured out how to fix it... 😒

Steps to get the station back in the browser:

1. Open Pandora on your phone
  2. Start go to the missing station
  3. Click the info icon

infolink.png

4. click share station
    sharelink.png
  5. click copy link
    copylink.png
  6. While logged into Pandora in your browser - open the link
  7. Immediately it's back in my collection in the browser with all my thumbs up/down history
    2020-02-04 13_56_13-My Collection - All - Pandora.png

Hope this helps!

Next quest is how to get rid of the "Try Pandora premium" nag screen and how to stop the app from thinking someone else is using my account when they definitely are not...

View solution in original post

14 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @jts. 👋

Could you provide the name of the station you're seeing on your mobile device?

If you're able to post a screenshot of what you see from your phone, this would be helpful too.

Let me know, and I can check in with someone from our User Support team about this.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

jts
Underground
Hi Alyssa, Thanks for the reply. On my phone I have the station: LoFi - Best of This station i have used many times before in the browser, however for some reason now I'm not able to see it on the web. I don't seem to be able to attach a screen shot here, but basically i see it under My Collections on my phone, but not in the web browser. If you have some way i can upload the screenshot I'd be happy to do so. Thanks,
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jts I can help!

Just in case you need to do this in the future:

• You can attach a screenshot to your reply by clicking on the 📷icon in the format bar.
  • You can click on Upload or Choose Files to attach a screenshot / photo.

Screen Shot 2020-01-31 at 6.51.13 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-31 at 6.51.21 AM.png

++

Your Stations:

You have two stations: LoFi - Best of Radio and LoFi Chill Study Beats Radio. I was able to check in with our User Support team to take a look at your account and I am able to view the stations from the web.

Could you try sorting by your stations to see if you're able to view the stations?

• You can pull up content that you've added to your collection simply by searching for it in the search field. Music that is in your collection will be marked with a checkbox icon.
  • You can also sort your content under My Collection (for some, My Music).
  • Select AlbumsSongsStations or Playlists and then sort your list using the caret on the far right of your screen. Please note that you can't currently sort your collection by Artists; these are listed alphabetically by default.

Let me know how it goes.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

jts
Underground

Hi Alyssa,

So something is still not right. When i logged in this morning on the web I only see LoFi Chill Study Beats Radio (this was not there when I replied yesterday I'm 100% sure). Attachment below show stations sorted alphabetically, you'll see "LoFi - Best of" is missing.

2020-01-31 09_52_02-My Collection - All - Pandora.png

Below is the screenshot from my phone, you can see the missing station.

Again, as of yesterday Lofi Chill Study Beats was not on the web browser (100% sure) and I'm about 50% sure it wasn't on my phone either.

Screenshot_20200131-095620~2.png

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jts No worries. Looks like the station has been deleted.

Is this the same station you're attempting to see on your web browser? 

++

In the meantime, which web browser are you using?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

jts
Underground

I tried both in Chrome and Firefox. It's possible the station you posted is where i started, but it's been maybe a year...

So again I logged in today and now on the web the one LoFi station from yesterday is missing:

2020-02-01 16_17_33-My Collection - All - Pandora.png

But the one I really want still shows on my phone:

Screenshot_20200201-162025~2.png

I did rename the station a few days back, when i first found it was missing, to see if it would show up in the browser, but still not clear why I can't see it?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jts It sounds like you may need to check the bookmark that you use to access Pandora.

It should only be: https://www.pandora.com

If there is anything added onto to it (e.g., https://www.pandora.com/#/genres/top), then erase that. That is most likely the problem.

Let me know if this helps.

0 Kudos

jts
Underground

Nope, I don't have a bookmark for it, I type it in manually each time. All my other stations are fine, just this one is not visible on the browser.

0 Kudos

jts
Underground

So seems Pandora support just tried to add the original station mine was created from back to my account. This didn't work because it did not have my thumbs up/down history and any added artists I used to customize it. 

After not getting any further I did some more troubleshooting & I figured out how to fix it... 😒

Steps to get the station back in the browser:

1. Open Pandora on your phone
  2. Start go to the missing station
  3. Click the info icon

infolink.png

4. click share station
    sharelink.png
  5. click copy link
    copylink.png
  6. While logged into Pandora in your browser - open the link
  7. Immediately it's back in my collection in the browser with all my thumbs up/down history
    2020-02-04 13_56_13-My Collection - All - Pandora.png

Hope this helps!

Next quest is how to get rid of the "Try Pandora premium" nag screen and how to stop the app from thinking someone else is using my account when they definitely are not...

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nice workaround! @jts 

I've already reported your issue to our engineering/curation teams for further review. This may be something they need to look deeper into as stations should be reflective across all devices.

Glad to see you were able to get the station back. Enjoy the tunes! 🎵

0 Kudos

nbailey101
Local Performer

Yesterday 2/24/20 my oldest and most used station disappeared from pandora on my desktop browser (tried IE, Edge, Chrome, and Forefox), but it is still there on my android app. It also still shows my thumbs up in my profile on the desktop,  but no way to get back to the station. I have cleared the cache multiple times as well as restarted apps/pc/device to try and get everything synced. Any help is appreciated. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @nbailey101. 👋

Thanks so much for letting us know about this.

I moved your post over to this thread as it is very similar. Someone from our User Support team will reach out to you via email to with your specific account locating your station. 

An option you can try is sharing the station on your Android device with yourself and seeing if it pops up on your Desktop. Another listener found this workaround while we looked into this issue. You can check out how to do this in @jts's post here.

Appreciate your patience during this process! 🎧

0 Kudos

RChavez
Local Performer

I just tried using my desktop app for the first time in a while. I am missing the majority of my stations, but they are still present in my browser and app views.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @RChavez, thanks for posting.

Can you confirm that the email address used to sign into your Desktop app is the same as your browser?

Also, would you do me a favor and take a screenshot of the desktop app, preferably from the My Collection page. (If you need help with this, let me know)

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos