cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music freezes on desktop

MikeAa
Local Performer

Does anybody know why a station or an album freezes for now reason when playing music through my desktop? Often the first song or two plays from an album or songlist, but then nothing else...and it won't continue even if I press play and/or another song.

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

TannerPandora

Hey @MikeAa Thanks for posting to community!

To clarify, are you using the desktop app or a web browser?

• If you're using the app, are you on Windows or Mac? 
  • You can find some helpful troubleshooting steps for the desktop app here

• If you're on the web, which browser are using? 
  • You can also find some helpful troubleshooting steps for the web here

Let me know how it goes. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

PedroWilkerson
Local Performer

Same issue here.  I have tried your basic trouble shooting to no avail.  I am on Microsoft Edge and switching browsers does not help anything.  Please advise.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@PedroWilkerson  It sounds like the issue may be related to the network you're using to connect to Pandora.

Please try connecting your device directly via an Ethernet cable and see if that helps.

If there is no change, try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

If Pandora still isn't working, could you check if you're able to connect to your network using another streaming service, such as YouTube?

You might also try connecting your device to an entirely different network, or using a different device on your current network, to see if your streaming improves.

Let me know how it goes.

PedroWilkerson
Local Performer

Still having issues on my desktop.  My connection isn't the issue.  I use it pretty heavily all day for work (i.e. video chats, uploading, downloading large files, etc.  Pandora is the only program that I have an issue with.  It also works fine on my phones, but I want to run the music through my workplace setup.  I shouldn't be having these types of issues with a "premium" music service.  Please let me know next steps as soon as practicable, otherwise I will probably just cancel my subscription.  Thanks, and I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@PedroWilkerson Do you happen to use a VPN when streaming Pandora?

Also, is this a work computer, or a personal computer?

Let me know.

0 Kudos