cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 04/22/2021: Web / Desktop App Won't Load

dlpecotte
Local Performer

I understand there is an issue with the shuffle function. In an attempt to make repairs do you have the entire Pandora system down?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

45 Replies

rshunsberger
Local Performer

music will not play on my computer

0 Kudos

jesmith
Local Performer

From your website

0 Kudos

owings1952
Local Performer

I can't log out to try and start fresh.  When I log out and try and sign back in, it says I'm already signed in.  The record is turning in the center, but with no specific song on.  Lyrics are visible at the bottom.  I can do several other functions with it, but no sound comes out.  Have checked my speakers.

0 Kudos

RanerDray
Local Performer

I'm using a desktop app and can't get Pandora to play. I've uninstalled the app, then re-installed it. The same thing happens. I've started using Spotify to listen to music. 

Windows 10. I can play it on my phone but not on the computer. I was playing Pandora yesterday, then in, in the evening, I got an error message about there was something wrong with the shuffling on the site and it's hasn't worked since. 

I have a Pandora account. Sorry, just finished reading the rest of your message. I thought I was talking to someone with Pandora.

mod edit: format

0 Kudos

purplejinjo
Local Performer

Hi, I'm experiencing the same problem as everyone, but not on my phone -- on my laptop, using Chrome. I've tried all your steps, I've tried other browsers. I pay for Plus so I would appreciate a real response or I will be cancelling my account very soon. This is hugely disappointing as I have been using Pandora every day for a long time. But I can't waste any more time trying to find a solution to your bugs. 

0 Kudos

TE1818Y
Local Performer

went through the process to upgrade service - had to leave the house - back about 90 minutes later - when I went to start a shuffle of my collected radio stations - I am unable to hear anything - I unplugged my head phones and still not able to hear anything on the B&O speaker on the laptop 

0 Kudos

alanwactor
Local Performer

I'm having the same problem, it just started after a new windows update I think.

pandora.jpg

I'm using the current release of Mozilla Firefox.

0 Kudos

bbrixon
Local Performer

I can confirm that this works.

Maybe it will help the Devs figure it out.  I'm 100% sure something happened on their end to cause this if it's happening cross-platform.

rothherrlinger
Local Performer

HI Alyssa ~

I'm using the Pandora desktop app for Mac with Mac OS 10.14.6.  For some reason, the desktop app stopped working a couple days ago.  I've restarted my laptop a couple times, but the app still isn't working.  Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Roth

0 Kudos

Damon81981
Local Performer

I am having the same problem.

0 Kudos

Damon81981
Local Performer

Got it working again. Cleared the cookies and logged back into pandora. Firefox>options>privacy and security>cookies and site data>clear data

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @NeoBlakkrstal. 👋

Thanks for letting us know about your experience. Sorry to hear that you had some trouble after the issue was resolved.

Could you confirm whether this issue is still happening?

In the meantime, I've shared your feedback with our engineering team. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @RanerDray @jesmith @genebel @TE1818Y @owings1952 @rothherrlinger @rshunsberger👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with Pandora loading. 

To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread as other listeners have mentioned having trouble too: 04/22/2021: Web / Desktop App Won't Load

I've enabled traces on your individual Pandora accounts, to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more.

For troubleshooting steps, please check out my post about this issue here.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @purplejinjo. 👋

Thanks for posting about this. I completely understand your frustration.

To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread as other listeners have mentioned having trouble too: 04/22/2021: Web / Desktop App Won't Load

Could you share a bit more?

• Have any error messages popped up?
  • What happens when you log in and attempt to listen?
  • Does Pandora load? Or, does the music look like it's playing but it isn't?

Let me know as I'd like to share your experience with our engineering team. 🎧

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@alanwactor @Damon81981 I moved your posts over to this existing thread: 04/22/2021: Web / Desktop App Won't Load

I recommend running through these our suggested troubleshooting steps for Firefox to see if that resolves the issue:

It may also help to try streaming Pandora using a different browser (ex: Google Chrome).

In the meantime, I've escalated your feedback to our engineering team so they can further investigate on their end as well.

Thanks for your patience! 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

@Damon81981 Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening!

tester33
Local Performer

I have been having the same problem since last week: Pandora loads, but does not play on my Windows PC.  I can play Pandora on my Android device.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @tester33. 👋

Thanks for letting us knnow about your experience.

Were you able to try out the troubleshooting steps from my post here?

Do any error messages pop up? If so, what exactly does it say?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

rothherrlinger
Local Performer

Resetting the App Data worked, @AlyssaPandora -- thank you!

My best,

Roth

tester33
Local Performer

Thank you.  Finally, tonight, I am able to listen again.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 04/27/2021: Hi everyone!👋

We believe this issue has now been resolved. If you're still having trouble, please try out the troubleshooting steps for your specific browser / Pandora Desktop app. 

Web Browser Troubleshooting:

++

Pandora Desktop App Troubleshooting:

Let us know if you continue to experience this issue. 🎧

0 Kudos