cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) Desktop: Shuffle no longer displays what station track is playing from

localecho
Opening Act

Last week I noticed that the station had stopped being displayed on the Shuffle Banner.

I just checked this out again today and when I scroll down far enough to show the banner, I no longer see the station, only what you see below. This happens with both Shuffle All and Shuffle Custom.

Was this an intended change or is it a bug?

Thanks,

John

Screenshot 2023-06-23.jpg

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (01/10/2024): Hi friends 👋

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding this issue. As of 01/09/2024, we believe this issue has now been resolved. If you still have trouble, please let us know by creating a new thread.

Happy listening! 🎧

Pandora Update (08/30/2023): Hi all 👋

Thank you for reporting your experience with the shuffle feature no longer showing which station a song played from. The moderation team has ensured that the appropriate team is aware of this and can investigate it further. All reports posted on this thread are shared with our engineering team.

We appreciate your patience and understanding throughout this process. 🎧

*Note: This message has been Accepted as a Solution to flag the current steps and/or status of this thread. This post will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team.*

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 

View solution in original post

114 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @localecho. 👋

Thanks so much for providing these details, including your screenshot.

I've passed this along to the appropriate parties for further investigation. We'll follow up with you if we need any additional details.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 

karalivbus
Diamond in the Rough

So as of a couple of days ago I've noticed when I am listening in shuffle mode & scroll down to see what station the song is playing on it no longer shows the station. I have been doing this for years & it just stopped showing the actual station & just says Shuffle now

For example before it would display the Station name such as Amy Winehouse radio, then the artist & song. Now it just says Shuffle, artist & song.

I keep track of my thumbs up & the station name to decrease repetitive thumbs up & I can't keep track without knowing the station the song is on. 

Furthermore the facebook connection is not working & I get the following when I attempt to : 

App not active

This app is not accessible right now and the app developer is aware of the issue. You will be able to log in when the app is reactivated.

I've tried waiting a few days but its not fixing itself. 

TannerPandora

Hi @karalivbus! Thanks for posting, sorry for any trouble.

I moved your message over to an existing thread - Desktop: Shuffle no longer displays what station track is playing from

I'm not able to replicate your experience on my account with Chrome or Firefox. I'd like to go ahead and pass this along to our engineering team for further investigation.

I've enabled a trace on your account. Can you do me a favor and replicate this behavior again and let me know the time, time zone and date. Additionally, can you let me know the web browser and version you're using?

For the Facebook connection, unfortunately, this is no longer a feature. We're sorry for any inconvenience!

If you'd like to see this feature again in the future, I recommend submitting feature request on the Pandora Community.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

karalivbus
Diamond in the Rough

Oh looks like others are noticing too. I've been listening most of today & currently & it is happening. Its 6/27/2023 1:23pm PST, I am using Chrome. The most recent version: Version 114.0.5735.199

OK On the facebook thanks

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow up, @karalivbus! I've passed this along to our engineering team to have a closer look. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

karalivbus
Diamond in the Rough

So is this ever going to be fixed? 

NeoBlakkrstal
Opening Act

This is no longer working. When I scroll down, it merely tells me what artist and song is playing. Which I already can see anyway. When did this change take place, as it used to work as seen above, and only recently stopped. Please fix this issue and put it back the way it was, or provide a different method of seeing which station is playing.

It was working fine in the App from the Windows store on my PC, up until recently, now it is only showing artist and song title, which is useless since it is already showing that anyway. Please fix this ASAP.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@NeoBlakkrstal I've added your feedback to the ticket we currently have open with our engineers for this issue.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

0 Kudos

ndygart
Underground

Why is this only available on the computer and not on the app? When listening to Shuffle on the app, do you recommend not using the thumbs since I don't know which station is being affected? I suppose I can still do a thumbs down if I dislike a song and don't want to hear it again at all, but using the thumbs up seems a little dicey.

I also checked on the computer and did not see the station name in Shuffle mode. I am using Chrome Version 114.0.5735.134.

joeywayne83
Underground

Another "yes" vote to add this seemingly simple feature. Especially since it was recently removed from both the web and desktop version?

I find Pandora stations tend to bleed into each other, where something from my Norwegian folk station will play on my Deathcore station. No similar artists in common, completely different sound. Without the ability to see which station is playing, I can't thumbs up or down a track without possibly messing up any given station.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@joeywayne83 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Desktop: Shuffle no longer displays what station track is playing from

Your report has now been added to the ticket we have open with our engineering team regarding this issue.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

tc-tunes
Opening Act

Is there an ETA for a fix?  I'm very surprised there isn't significantly more traffic on this thread as the only thing I'm doing on Shuffle is thumbs down and no thumbs up as I have no idea via desktop web browser (Firefox/Chrome) as well as Android phone (never has worked consistently).   

Too say the least very disappointing and as early adopter of Pandora is making me really consider switching to Spotify

mikem
Opening Act

I believe the code has been changed. I don't like it this way where you can't know what station is playing a given song.

smokehim
Local Performer

I came across this thread hoping to find the answer to my question "what station" and although I'm getting warmer it's not exactly correct.

When 'Shuffle Stations On' is selected the banner at the top of my Now Playing screen shows Shuffle: [Artist Name/Track].

2023-08-01_10-37-58.jpg

I don't have any stations specific to Judas Priest so if I had to guess it's coming from Metallica Radio.

If I turn off shuffle and play a single station then it's displayed in the banner like @AdamPandora shows above i.e., [Station Name] Radio: [Artist Name/Track].

2023-08-01_10-48-49.jpg

So either @AdamPandora wasn't on Shuffle for the screenshot or this feature was broken since that post. 

I'm leaning towards that it was broken and hopefully it can be restored to display the [Station Name] Radio: when shuffle is on.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@smokehim I moved your post over to this existing thread: Desktop: Shuffle no longer displays what station track is playing from

I've shared your experience with the engineers who are currently looking into this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

moniquersqueek
Underground

Adding my experience to this as well. I nearly always listen to my music on Shuffle, which means I've only been able to use the web/desktop version, as apps don't show the station in Shuffle. Now this functionality isn't working on the web either, which means I can't thumbs-up or thumbs-down any songs as I don't know what station will be affected.
I am currently in the USA on EST and am using Chrome on a Dell laptop.

Saavedro88
Opening Act

Adam, Just dropping in to say that I've noticed several changes to the structure of the "Shuffle" setup, but this problem still persists. I'm eager to see this resolved. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Saavedro88 We've had others on the Community mention that they are now unable to view what station is being played on shuffle when on a computer here: Desktop: Shuffle no longer displays what station track is playing from

To clarify, is this the change you were referring to?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Saavedro88
Opening Act

That is one, yes. I've also noticed that tracks that I know that I have "Thumbs Up"-ed in the past, no longer have a Thumbs Up when they come around on shuffle. I figured this was part of the same problem as not being able to see the station anymore. 

But the main point I'm trying to make is that I'm still having the issue of hearing the same artist 4, 5, 6 and sometimes even more times in a row when I'm set to full shuffle. 

0 Kudos