cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) Desktop: Shuffle no longer displays what station track is playing from

localecho
Opening Act

Last week I noticed that the station had stopped being displayed on the Shuffle Banner.

I just checked this out again today and when I scroll down far enough to show the banner, I no longer see the station, only what you see below. This happens with both Shuffle All and Shuffle Custom.

Was this an intended change or is it a bug?

Thanks,

John

Screenshot 2023-06-23.jpg

Labels (3)
114 Replies

golfgars
Local Performer

i AM online and just upgraded from plus to premium.  I am guessing I am on Thumbprint and not shuffling.  I cannot detirmine what station this is playing.  Thumbprint or shuffle and do not know what station after following the click title and scroll and banner on top.???

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@golfgars I moved your post over to this existing thread: Desktop: Shuffle no longer displays what station track is playing from

Your feedback has now been added to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are currently looking into this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Saavedro88 Thanks for following up.

I moved your post over to this existing thread: Desktop: Shuffle no longer displays what station track is playing from

Shuffle no longer displays what station track is playing from:

I've passed your feedback along to the engineers who are currently looking into this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Shuffle plays the same artist multiple times before moving on to the next one:

That is actually how shuffle is intended to work - it will play a block of tracks from one station, and then move on to the next station.

Hope this helps clarify.

0 Kudos

Saavedro88
Opening Act

Wait, WHAT? Since when is shuffle SUPPOSED to play the same artist multiple times in a row?? We went from "Trying to find a solution to this problem" to "Actually, we just decided that's how it's supposed to work now"???

I have been a paying member of Pandora Premium for YEARS, and shuffle has NEVER operated like this before a few months ago. That is an entirely unacceptable resolution. 

mikem
Opening Act

Useless answer to problem of not showing which station is playing in shuffle.

Don't have a lot of confidence in your so-called engineers. This is a simple matter that someone changed the code! Should have been fixed already!

mgardner00
Local Performer

It's very strange, my Pandora just started doing this on 8/9/2023.  Shuffle mode no longer shows the station nor does the station show up in the recently played list......

I'm very particular on what songs I give a thumbs up to depending on the station.  If this was done on purpose, please change it back.  My OCD is extremely high right now 🙂 

And just to let you know, my preference would be that Shuffle Mode NOT play a block of tracks from one station.  Just shuffle after each song...  

Thank you!

Saavedro88
Opening Act

I'm right with you, I only thumbs up tracks on certain stations, even if I generally love the song. This whole situation is unacceptable, and I think it's despicable that they've basically just told us to deal with it, and have stopped responding at all. I even sent out a Private Message to Adam to get some more information and have heard nothing back from him. 

tc-tunes
Opening Act

As an early adopter b4 paying for anything it is definitely unacceptable that they can't commit to a timeline or code-revert....very sad state of Pandora......my son keeps telling me to move over to Spotify

mikem
Opening Act

Something wrong with your IT department. This should be a simple repair back to the previous code.

Your good listeners are running out of patience.

mikem
Opening Act

Kudos to Pandora. Now fixed. Very impressive.

Thanks much

tc-tunes
Opening Act

Now if we can just get the same functionality on mobile!   It's only been asked for.....how many years?

karalivbus
Diamond in the Rough

I do not see it is fixed, it still just says shuffle & not the station playing

Saavedro88
Opening Act

It isn't fixed for me either.

mike44
Opening Act

Fixed for me today on Chrome browser.  Now shows the station again during shuffle !  It was always that I had to scroll down to see it... which is awkward.. but better than nothing.

Past couple months, it would show the album and song.. which was useless/duplicate.

Just today, it started showing the station again.  yippee!

AP1529
Underground

I'm still having the same issue. What browser are you using?

0 Kudos

Jodabu1
Opening Act

I was having this issue a couple of days ago. I was shocked by it. But as of today (08/17/2023), it has seemed to be resolved. On my Mac I generally use the downloaded desktop app. But this seems to be resolved in Chrome (on my Mac) as well. I have not check on other platforms or Browsers.

tc-tunes
Opening Act
Clear your cache on your browser and it should pick up the fixed functionality

mgardner00
Local Performer

Mine is working as well!  All issues resolved and I also use Chrome. 

QuimbyKrebs
Underground

Thanks for fixing this!

mikez1968
Local Performer

@AdamPandora This no longer works even for the computer. My screen looks like this;

mikez1968_0-1692916048806.png

Is there no longer a way to see the station playing?