cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) Desktop: Shuffle no longer displays what station track is playing from

localecho
Opening Act

Last week I noticed that the station had stopped being displayed on the Shuffle Banner.

I just checked this out again today and when I scroll down far enough to show the banner, I no longer see the station, only what you see below. This happens with both Shuffle All and Shuffle Custom.

Was this an intended change or is it a bug?

Thanks,

John

Screenshot 2023-06-23.jpg

Labels (3)
114 Replies

mikem
Opening Act
We all have run out of patience!

Saavedro88
Opening Act

Been going on a LOT longer than that, lol. 

karalivbus
Diamond in the Rough

SO you know what everyone, my membership ended 11/14 & about a week later IT STARTED WORKING hahahaaaaaaaaaaaa. But I already spent hours on my spotify playlist at this point so I don't plan on going back. 

shawn1
Underground

I can no longer tell which station a current song is coming from when listening to shuffle. When I scroll down it says shuffle and not the name of the station.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@shawn1 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Desktop: Shuffle no longer displays what station track is playing from

Your feedback has also been added to the ticket we currently have open with our engineering team regarding this issue. 

We appreciate your patience in the meantime. 

johnnythief
Local Performer

I wish I could just ignore all my clients in my business, of course then I wouldn't be in that business.

You know we want to see what channel is playing what song because you decisions seem to be made by people who've never listened to music before.

mikem
Opening Act

This is so laughable that Pandora can not fix this issue. Must be a low priority for Pandora, but is irritating to long time subscribers. I predict you will lose business over time due to this nonsense.

QuimbyKrebs
Underground

Pandora will lose my business if this issue does not get fixed and stay fixed --- I will not renew the membership I've had for about a decade unless this gets resolved.  I had a whole system worked out for getting a decent amount of variety on Pandora.  Namely, I'd put my stations on Shuffle, create new ones based on songs I liked and add them to the mix, then delete old stations when they got repetitive.  But for this system to work, I need to know which station is playing.  Pandora, make it your New Year's resolution to fix this problem!  When we're on Shuffle, we want to know which station is playing!

karalivbus
Diamond in the Rough

So I let my membership lapse in November after a decade also. It started working again a few weeks after my membership cancelled but I haven't renewed it cause I spent HOURS transferring all my music to Spotify. And in doing so, I realized how many thumbs up I had under Pandora that they must have lost licensing or something cause I hadn't heard so many songs that were thumbs up in ages. I'm sticking with Spotify. Good luck!

mikem
Opening Act

Shuffle is still not showing the station that is playing. It worked for a very few days for me. But it then reverted to not showing station playing. That was many months ago and I see no evidence that Pandora will ever fix this issue. They must not really care about us, the customers!

mikem
Opening Act

As of this evening, shuffle IS showing which station is playing!

Jodabu1
Opening Act

I just checked this morning, and it is working for me now as well.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (01/10/2024): Hi friends 👋

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding this issue. As of 01/09/2024, we believe this issue has now been resolved. If you still have trouble, please let us know by creating a new thread.

Happy listening! 🎧

Pandora Update (08/30/2023): Hi all 👋

Thank you for reporting your experience with the shuffle feature no longer showing which station a song played from. The moderation team has ensured that the appropriate team is aware of this and can investigate it further. All reports posted on this thread are shared with our engineering team.

We appreciate your patience and understanding throughout this process. 🎧

*Note: This message has been Accepted as a Solution to flag the current steps and/or status of this thread. This post will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team.*

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 

QuimbyKrebs
Underground

Thanks for fixing this!

mikem
Opening Act

Kudos to your engineering team for fixing this issue!