cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web + Desktop App: Option to disable auto-start at launch

scottzc
Local Performer

When I launch pandora.app, or open pandora.com in my web browser, my selected playlist/station begins playing automatically. This is often embarrassing and/or disturbing, as it is often inappropriate for me to play music out loud in those situations. I don't want the music to start until I click the play button. (that is, after I have put in my ear buds, and switched audio from speakers to ear buds).  Also, sometimes I just want to search for a playlist or station, without listening to anything.

Please add an option in the web app and the desktop app that allows me to set the option to NOT auto-start playing music. Thank you.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @scottzc. 👋

Thanks for your feedback around this. I completely understand where you're coming from. 

At this time, disabling playback upon launching Pandora on your web browser isn't a feature. However, if you download the Pandora Desktop App, the music doesn't start playing unless you click on the play button.

If you'd like to see other options available, feel free to create a feature suggestion in this space: Ideas

For more details about how ideas work, please visit our Ideas Policy & FAQs.

I hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Join the discussion in Community Chat
Let's make a playlist together: It's Spooky Season!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @scottzc. 👋

Thanks for your feedback around this. I completely understand where you're coming from. 

At this time, disabling playback upon launching Pandora on your web browser isn't a feature. However, if you download the Pandora Desktop App, the music doesn't start playing unless you click on the play button.

If you'd like to see other options available, feel free to create a feature suggestion in this space: Ideas

For more details about how ideas work, please visit our Ideas Policy & FAQs.

I hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Join the discussion in Community Chat
Let's make a playlist together: It's Spooky Season!
0 Kudos