cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web: Some Songs Show but Don't Play

bobbehrooz
Underground

Some artist tracks never play music 

Pandora shows the title of the artist tracks and My Station indicator shows activity, but there is no music being played. This happens repeatedly to same music artists tracks. Pandora will show title and artists but just not play music to device. The music track goes by silently.  Then Pandora will advance to another artist tracks and resume playing that music. Initially this behavior was limited to one artists. But now it has spread to several, when that artists comes up Pandora just goes silent. Very annoying. I am on Windows 10 Pro, running Pandora web version, Xfinity wired ethernet, no internet outages. 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @bobbehrooz. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about your experience. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble streaming.

It's helpful to know the following:

• Name of the track along with the Artist
  • Station this happened on
  • the Web browser you're currently using when you notice this issue
  • If there are any error messages

Let me know, and I can follow up with you. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @bobbehrooz. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about your experience. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble streaming.

It's helpful to know the following:

• Name of the track along with the Artist
  • Station this happened on
  • the Web browser you're currently using when you notice this issue
  • If there are any error messages

Let me know, and I can follow up with you. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

bobbehrooz
Underground

Problem started approx. a year ago with Artist "Armik". None of his tracks would have music. The "Armik" track would show on the Pandora web-app as playing. I can pause it, repeat it but it, but it will never play the music. Eventually the Pandora web-app will advance to next Artist and title and resume playing that music. 

For last few months the problem has also occurred with Artist "Natalia Clavier" and all her tracks.  

Station this happened on: Federico Aubele Radio 

Web browser: Google Chrome Version 112.0.5615.138 (Official Build) (32-bit) 

error messages: None

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @bobbehrooz. 👋

Thanks for your reply. I was able to test out both of those artists and wasn't able to reproduce the issue. 

Let's try troubleshooting your web browser to see if that helps. You can find those steps here: Chrome Troubleshooting

If you're able to, I would recommend trying out the desktop app or using a different browser to see if the issue persists. This will let us know if the issue browser-related. 

Let me know how it turns out. Thanks for sticking with me on this! 🎧

0 Kudos

bobbehrooz
Underground

Its my understanding that the Pandora web-app supports better features than the desktop app. Is that correct? I remember seeing that the web-app streams at higher data rates. Is that correct? 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @bobbehrooz. 👋

Thanks for your patience over the weekend. No, they both should stream at the same rate.

Could you share more details about where you saw that?

Also, were you able to try a different web browser to see if the issue still occurred? 

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

bobbehrooz
Underground

I followed your recommendation and switched to desktop app. I observe the same problem here. 

Tracks from Artist "Armik" do not play. So far artist "Natalia Clavier" tracks do play. But that may change over time too. That is what I experienced on Pandora web-app, first no Armik tracks played then Natalia Clavier stopped playing. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @bobbehrooz!

This is definitely an interesting experience, sorry to hear that there is no sound when these tracks play. I'm happy to take a closer look. I've enabled a trace on your account to help me investigate. The next time this happens, please take note of the time, date, artist and track.

With this information I'll be able to take a closer look at what may be happening. If you come across several tracks with no sound, feel free to include them.

Thanks for the help and your continued patience. 🙂

PS

To confirm, the track appears to play (the timer moves), but there is no sound associated with the song? - Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

bobbehrooz
Underground

After your above email I found to my surprise that all artists and tracks that previously would not play started playing and I thought problem was resolved. But today the problem reappeared, with the same artists. Below are the ones I caught. 

5/7 2:30pm -  Federico Aubele Radio      Armik  Playa Del Carmen

5/7 4:42pm -  Federico Aubele Radio      Armik  Lost In Paradise

5/7 4:48pm -  Federico Aubele Radio     Natalia Clavie Dormida

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @bobbehrooz 

Thanks for providing those tracks for me. Unfortunately, a closer look at the trace log did not reveal any notable information that would help further my investigation. Because of this, I've gone ahead and passed this along to our engineering team for a closer look.

I know you previously mentioned that  this happening on Chrome and the desktop player. I am curious if this happens on another web player, like Firefox. I understand switching web players is not ideal, but hoping to narrow down your experience and provide as much feedback to our engineering team as possible. If you're up for trying a different browser, let me know if you have the same experience.

In the meantime, thank you for your patience.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

bobbehrooz
Underground

Yes, I was previously on Chrome, but transitioned to using installed app on Windows 10 Pro per your team's  recommendation. I have not yet used another browser. Since Pandora behaved the same with Chrome and installed app I doubt switching to another browser helps finding the problem.  

One observation I made is that this problem seems to show up after I have used the "Pause" feature to stop a track and the later "un-Paused" the track. It seems like when I use the "Pause" and then "un-Paused" feature then when these two artists come up next their tracks will not play.

After your previous email when you enabled a trace I started Pandora and noticed to my surprise that these two artists played fine. But then after I had "Pause" and then "un-Paused" both these artists stopped playing. I wonder if there is a link. 

I will run Pandora without pausing for few days and report what I find. 

bobbehrooz
Underground

Pandora installed app had been performing without any hiccups and playing the artists for several days. I was not using the "Pause" feature to test my theory that problem would reappear once I used "Pause". 

But today Pandora installed app again did not play the two artists and I had not used the "Pause" feature. These are the times and tracks that did not play. My station name: Federico Aubele Radio

5/19 2:20pm Federico Aubele Radio    Armik Spanish Journey

5/19 2:26pm Federico Aubele Radio     Natalia Clavie Arbol

0 Kudos

bobbehrooz
Underground

Hi Tanner, 

Is anybody looking at this issue? I have submitted several reports of when I experienced the issue but not heard back anything. The issue has not gone away, its still there every time I use Pandora. For example today again. 

5/29 12:28pm -  Federico Aubele Radio     Natalia Clavie Dormida

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

HI @bobbehrooz 

Thanks for reaching out and providing this helpful information about your experience, I've made sure it's been passed along. I've also made a note regarding your experience.

I know that this has been frustrating, unfortunately, I am unable to provide any additional information or a timeline as to when you can expect to see this resolved.

Thanks very much for your continued patience.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos