cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win 10 Desktop app gets "unexpected error" on launch

twolions
Underground

Have been getting following error for several weeks now. Must use browser access to Pandora.  Live in SF Bay area.  DownDetector.com reports outage in this area but has been that way for weeks. What's going on?

---------------

Server Error

We're sorry, there has been an unexpected error with our server.

Please try again, or visit the Pandora Home Page

-----------------

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@twolions Our engineers believe this issue is now resolved.

Can you please confirm if you can now successfully stream Pandora through the desktop app?

Let me know.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@twolions Let's try some troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve the issue. 

First, try resetting the Pandora app from the Help menu (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you). Press Alt on your keyboard to bring up a menu options at the top of the page, then select Help and Reset App Data.

If you're still having issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling using the following steps:

1. Locate Pandora in your Start Menu, and right-click to reveal an additional menu. Select Uninstall from the dropdown menu. From there, select Pandora from the list and confirm by selecting Uninstall once more.
  2. Next, find our app in the Windows Store on your device. Search for Pandora in the upper right corner and click or tap Get to re-install.

Please note that downloading any application on your devices requires a Microsoft account and password, and it may be a different email address and password than those on your Pandora account.

Also, we do not support Pandora on unofficial OS releases, like preview or developer builds. We only support Pandora on configurations that we have fully tested, so as to ensure the application will work correctly and not cause any problems with functions of the device.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you continue to run into issues with this after completing these steps, please send me a screenshot of the error message you are seeing.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

twolions
Underground

Hi, thanks for your response.  By the way, this app is the Pandora Plus app if that makes any difference. I think that's what it is called.

I could not reset the app because it never gets to the main screen where I can access the Help menu.  The error comes up immediately when I open the app.  Here is a screenshot:

twolions_0-1607703056834.png

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it from the Microsoft store but still get the same error. I can go to the Pandora home page and it works fine.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@twolions Thanks for following up.

The previous version of the desktop app is no longer supported.

You can find the supported version of the Pandora app in the Windows Store on your device. Search for Pandora in the upper right corner and click Get to install.

Downloading any app from the Windows Store will require that you have a Microsoft account and password. The email address and password for your Microsoft account may be different than those on your Pandora account.

Note: At minimum, you'll need Windows 10 to use this app, but we recommend updating your system to the latest Windows version available to you. You can find more information on how to do this here.

Let me know if you continue to receive that error message on this app as well.

0 Kudos

twolions
Underground

That's what I did. Went to MS Store, searched for Pandora, (it said "You Own this App" maybe that means I need a newer version), clicked Install, got same error when I opened it.

Do you think the store is giving me an old version because I own it?  I don't see any way to force it to look for a new version.

My Windows 10 is up to date. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for clarifying that with me, @twolions.

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

twolions
Underground

I cant shut down the router. I am on a network with several others using it. However I did disconnect from the network and restarted my PC then reconnected to the network. I am still getting the same error.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

No worries, @twolions.

I'd like to report this issue to our engineers for further investigation. Could you help by providing a little more info?

1. Make and model of your device;
  2. Mode: Desktop or Tablet?
  3. Network (Wi-Fi or 3G/4G/LTE);
  4. Windows version & build;

Also, are you running a Preview Build of Windows? If so, are you in the fast ring or slow ring?

Thanks for your help with this

0 Kudos

twolions
Underground

Dell Laptop, Not Windows Preview Build.

twolions_0-1607737002803.png

twolions_1-1607737089242.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sending this over, @twolions.

I have created a ticket with our engineering team, and passed your feedback along to them so they can further investigate.

Thanks for all your patience with this in the meantime!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@twolions I wanted to reach out to you again to let you know our engineers are still looking into this.

They have requested I gather some additional information from you.

Can you please try running through these troubleshooting steps?

You can trigger the app menu by clicking "Alt" key. Once it shows up, go to "Help" -> "Troubleshooting" -> "Clear Cache and Restart" like the screenshot below to clear and restart the app:

Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 11.08.07 AM.png

Additionally, please send me the app version which they can find in:

Settings -> Apps. You should see the screen like the following one:

Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 11.09.30 AM.png

Thanks again for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

twolions
Underground

I don't get a screen that has the Help menu.  As soon as I click the icon I get the "Server Error" message given above. This is displayed in a blank window with no menus:

twolions_1-1608579276416.png

However I was able to get the Specifications by through the Windows App Settings:

twolions_0-1608579124495.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @twolions.

To clarify, even when that error message pops up immediately, are you unable to bring up the Help menu with these steps?:

You can trigger the app menu by clicking "Alt" key. Once it shows up, go to "Help" -> "Troubleshooting" -> "Clear Cache and Restart

Let me know.

0 Kudos

twolions
Underground

The Alt key does nothing. No menu appears.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks again for the help with this, @twolions.

I have passed your additional feedback along to the engineers who are looking into this.

I will reach back out to you if they request any additional information.

Thanks again for your patience in the meantime! 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@twolions Our engineers believe this issue is now resolved.

Can you please confirm if you can now successfully stream Pandora through the desktop app?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

twolions
Underground

Yes it works. Thank you and the engineering staff for being persistent.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

No problem at all. Sounds like you're all set now, @twolions

Happy listening! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos