cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Desktop App Buffering

hawk
Local Performer

Starting a week ago, when I clicked on it Pandora would not begin playing on my desktop Windows 10 system.  It simply buffered.  At the screen's suggestion I refreshed my system.  Then I uninstalled and reinstalled Pandora, but the same thing is happening.  Any suggestions?

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

@hawk this is what I had to do. Make sure your windows is updated. Do a file scan either with windows or if your like me I have Norton's (which is worth it by the way). I had google chrome browser, I got rid of it and started using Microsoft Edge. I now have no issues with my Pandora skipping songs, no buffering issues, and when I surf the net my music continues to play without any interruptions whatsoever. Since doing the above steps I have had no issues with my music. Take care and be safe.

mod edit: format

MOHLovesAlaska

View solution in original post

9 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @hawk Thanks for posting, sorry to hear this.

Do you receive any error messages or does the screen continue to just buffer? Would you be able to take a screenshot of what you're seeing when this happen? If you're not sure how to take a screenshot, just let me know. 

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

@hawk this is what I had to do. Make sure your windows is updated. Do a file scan either with windows or if your like me I have Norton's (which is worth it by the way). I had google chrome browser, I got rid of it and started using Microsoft Edge. I now have no issues with my Pandora skipping songs, no buffering issues, and when I surf the net my music continues to play without any interruptions whatsoever. Since doing the above steps I have had no issues with my music. Take care and be safe.

mod edit: format

MOHLovesAlaska

annmaries716
Local Performer

continuous music quits playing while using WINDOWS desk top APP - not chrome, not internet explorer / not firefox.. 
The downloaded APP 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @annmaries716. 👋

Sorry for any trouble this has caused.

First, try resetting the Pandora app from the Help menu (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you). Press Alt on your keyboard to bring up a menu options at the top of the page, then select Help and Reset App Data.

If you're still having issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling using the following steps:

1. Locate Pandora in your Start Menu, and right-click to reveal an additional menu. Select Uninstall from the dropdown menu. From there, select Pandora from the list and confirm by selecting Uninstall once more.
  2. Next, find our app in the Windows Store on your device. Search for Pandora in the upper right corner and click or tap Get to re-install.

Please note that downloading any application on your devices requires a Microsoft account and password, and it may be a different email address and password than those on your Pandora account.

Also, we do not support Pandora on unofficial OS releases, like preview or developer builds. We only support Pandora on configurations that we have fully tested, so as to ensure the application will work correctly and not cause any problems with functions of the device.

Let me know how the standard troubleshooting steps work out for you. 🖥

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

mford66215
Local Performer

Pandora premium, shouldn't be add related.  Google fiber network with Cat 6 connections on a network monitored for traffic- it's not the network guys.

I was suffering numerous buffering issues so I followed the troubleshooting guides and reset the application.  Sitting here on an fresh, but current (patched) install of Windows 10 with very little installed besides the operating system, MS Office 2019, and the Pandora App.

I haven't analyzed the network traffic from the desktop  to see precisely what the Pandora application is doing, that's to much like my real job.

Ideas anyone?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @mford66215. 👋

To keep the community space tidy, I moved your post over to this exiting thread: Buffers / Stops Playing on Windows App

Could you help by providing a little more info?

1. Make and model of your device;
  2. Mode: Desktop or Tablet?
  3. Network (Wi-Fi or 3G/4G/LTE);
  4. Pandora version (under Pandora Settings on the bottom left);
  5. Windows version & build; (Windows 10)
  6. Are you able to stream Pandora normally through a web browser like Chrome or Firefox?

Also, are you running a Preview Build of Windows? If so, are you in the fast ring or slow ring?

Thanks for your help with this.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

mystikalfrank
Local Performer

I use the Pandora Desktop app, windows10.  The app launches and I can browse my collection.  The songs only ever buffer, or if switching between collections, a song or two will play.  This also happens in browser.

I read on another thread that if Pandora notices an app or account behaving out of normal operation, Pandora limits or restricts their account?

I live in a rural area, and routinely switch between my App on the computer and the App on my phone while Driving.  I have high speed at the house and while spotty, mostly 4G when driving.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @mystikalfrank. 👋

Sorry to hear that this is impacting your listening sessions. 

First, try resetting the Pandora app from the Help menu (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you). Press Alt on your keyboard to bring up a menu options at the top of the page, then select Help and Reset App Data.

If you're still having issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling using the following steps:

1. Locate Pandora in your Start Menu, and right-click to reveal an additional menu. Select Uninstall from the dropdown menu. From there, select Pandora from the list and confirm by selecting Uninstall once more.
  2. Next, find our app in the Windows Store on your device. Search for Pandora in the upper right corner and click or tap Get to re-install.

Please note that downloading any application on your devices requires a Microsoft account and password, and it may be a different email address and password than those on your Pandora account.

dittoheadstl
Local Performer

MS Edge is working for me, too.