cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Currently playing" indicated but no sound.

carlcampbell
Local Performer

2- things happened before program stopped working on laptop. 1- I accidently clicked "try premium" also had notice "someone else is listening".  Anyway in about 1/2 hour notice said "Premium trial ended".  Then my system stopped working (no sound).

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Reply

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @carlcampbell. 👋

Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community.

Complimentary Session of Premium:

It looks like you're subscribed to Pandora Plus, not Premium. However, you're triggering a complimentary session of Premium in order to listen to on-demand content, which is why you may be seeing advertisements. In the past, free listeners and Plus subscribers were only able to look for artists and tracks in order to create radio stations. We've updated your experience so that you have the ability to listen to content on-demand, without being a Premium subscriber.

• If you search for and select the name of an artist, or track, or album, you should be brought to a "backstage page" where you can either create a radio station or press play.
  • If you press play you indicate that you'd like to listen to that content right away (or "on-demand"). Since only Premium subscribers can listen on-demand, you will either see an ad for Premium, or be prompted to watch a video ad to unlock a complimentary session of Premium.
  • Keep in mind that upgrading to Premium or accepting a complimentary session of Premium is completely optional; you can close the ad and we'll create a station for you to listen to instead (if one is available).

Should you decide to accept a complimentary session of Premium, rest assured that you won't be billed; because the additional cost of these sessions is covered by the advertisement, your account will return to your regular service automatically when the session expires, and you won't be charged any Premium fees.

++

"Someone Else is Listening" Error Message:

You can find out more information about this error message in this helpful Community post: "Someone else is listening" Message

In the meantime, I've escalated your issue to our User Support team so they can help with ensuring the security of your Pandora account. Please keep an eye out for their email soon. You may need to check your spam / junk folder to make sure it didn't end up there. 📬

I hope this information is helpful. Thanks for your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos