cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Something Has Gone Wrong" When Playing Podcasts

atagmee
Underground

I get the same error message when trying to listen to some podcasts. Using Google Chrome on PC. Tried Bing and Firefox same error. Tried all Google Chrome troubleshooting step mention above and completed each step and rebooted PC, still getting error message. I deleted Pandora Ap on my phone and reinstalled, no love. About to cancel with you guys, hope you can help.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

61 Replies

jxn20c
Underground

This continues to be an issue. Some podcasts show the error message and then play, others I get nothing. I have tried on multiple internet browsers. Music works just fine... 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jxn20c It sounds like the issue may be related to the network you're using to connect to Pandora.

Please try connecting your device directly via an Ethernet cable and see if that helps.

If there is no change, try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

If Pandora still isn't working, could you check if you're able to connect to your network using another streaming service, such as YouTube?

You might also try connecting your device to an entirely different network, or using a different device on your current network, to see if your streaming improves.

Let me know how it goes.

jordan_benson93
Local Performer

I am trying to listen to any podcast and the message "Something has gone wrong. We're working on this issue, and we'll have things back to normal soon." continues to pop. none of the podcast are playing. unable to listen to any of them. I have already gone through the troubleshooting steps for chrome and windows. none of it helps. this has been going on for about a month or more. I have also tried using it in different browsers and I get the same message. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, nothing is solving this issue.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jordan_benson93 I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

If you have any additional questions, please make sure to reply back directly to the email they sent you, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

kstilson4304
Underground

The error is back for the desktop app and chrome browser, it was fixed for a long time but now neither will play any podcast.             

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @kstilson4304 

Thanks for the update. I've shared your follow-up with our engineers to let them know that this is still occurring. At this time, I do not have an update for a fix. However, we will post on this thread with any new information.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (11/04/22):  Hi everyone 👋

We believe this issue has now been resolved.

If you continue to notice this exact error message, please let us know. 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

kstilson4304
Underground

Nope, still getting it.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kstilson4304 Can you please send us a screenshot of the error message you're seeing?

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

Thanks for working with us on this. 🤝

qlorvold
Underground

Hi, 

Is there a solution to this issue?  I am listening to "Lets Not Meet".  I have been able to play this on Microsoft Edge for a while (newer episodes).  Now it would not play at all.  I haven't listened to the whole series yet.  So, I guess I am having issues streaming season 3.  I had issues before with Chrome and IE.  

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi there @qlorvold 👋

Thanks for posting and being a part of the Community and thank you for reporting this.

A couple of questions:

• Could you share a link to the podcast episode?
  • What happens when you attempt to play the podcast?
  • Do you receive any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?

Lastly, I've enabled a trace on your account to get a better understanding of what's going on. For this trace to be helpful, I encourage you to perform our Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome troubleshooting steps and attempt to play that podcast one more time.

Looking forward to your response and let us know how it goes!

0 Kudos

qlorvold
Underground
Hi.

[image: image.png]
The error message is what I get at the top of the picture above.

The link: Music and Podcasts, Free and On-Demand | Pandora
<>

I hope that helps.

-Quyen
0 Kudos

qlorvold
Underground

Let me try this again...

The link: Music and Podcasts, Free and On-Demand | Pandora

The Error Message: Something has gone wrong. We're working on this issue, and we'll have things back to normal soon.

When I hit play, the counter is at 0:00.  It might be all of season 3.

-Quyen

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @qlorvold 

Thanks for reporting back.

Just for clarification, we moved your original post to an existing thread under "Something Has Gone Wrong" When Playing Podcasts.

I was checking out that podcast and I was able to play several episodes on season 3 and other seasons on my end.

Let's try some next steps to see if we can play those episodes on your end.

I would recommend rebooting your computer device and rebooting your network connection:

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

If Pandora still isn’t working, could you check if you’re able to connect to your network using another streaming service, such as YouTube?

I would also like to ensure that you’ve cleared the cache for the browser you’ve been using to stream the podcast. If you need steps on how to do that, please let me know.

Let us know how it goes!

0 Kudos

qlorvold
Underground
I was checking out that podcast and I was able to play several episodes on
season 3 and other seasons on my end. I tried clicking on Season 3 Ep 13
through Season 4 Ep 22. It does not work for me.

Let's try some next steps to see if we can play those episodes on your end.

I would recommend rebooting your computer device and rebooting your network
connection: Unfortunately, I cannot reboot the network connection. I am
at a work computer when I listen to Pandora mostly.
Shut down your device completely; Unplug your modem and router, wait one
full minute, and then plug them back in; Wait five more minutes to allow
the modem and router to fully boot back up; Turn your device back on and
try Pandora again. I shut down/restart the computer pretty frequently.

If Pandora still isn’t working, could you check if you’re able to connect
to your network using another streaming service, such as YouTube? YouTube
works perfectly fine.
0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @qlorvold

Thank you for updating us, I've passed your information to an internal ticket we have open and our engineering team is investigating this issue for you.

We appreciate your patience while they work on this. 🤝

onyx69772
Local Performer

Getting the same issue with the Adventures in Ashomay podcast

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @onyx69772 

Thanks for reporting this, I've enabled a trace on your account so that we can get a better understanding.

I have a couple of questions to ask before we proceed:

• Can you share the link to the podcast?
  • Are you using our App or a web browser when playing Pandora? If you're using a web browser, which browser are you using?
  • Did you receive any error messages when playing the podcast?

Let us know and thanks for your help!

0 Kudos

qlorvold
Underground

Hi,

I am having the same issue as above for the same podcast.  Let's Not Meet, Season 4 episode 9 through episode 22.

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi, @qlorvold I wasn't able to reproduce this issue on my end for the Let's Not Meet podcast (each episode was playing).

Would you mind taking a screenshot of what you're seeing when playing that Podcast on your end?

Additionally, this issue may be related to your browser. Please complete the troubleshooting steps for your specific browser and try again.

Hope this helps, let us know how it goes!

0 Kudos