cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ideas: Blocking / Muting Artists & Genres

Ideas: Blocking / Muting Artists & Genres

bjoyce2
Opening Act

New Feature Idea: Create Rules about what bands you never want to hear.  If I select a Genre but there are certain bands I never want to hear, there should be a way to create a rule. i.e. I select the 70's Rock Genre but I never want to hear any music from Sting, Rush, Styx, Journey, Kiss, etc.  then allow me to create a rule eliminating them fron the selection algorithm.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
175 Comments
davidjharris123
Opening Act

thank you

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: New Ideas

Hey, @davidjharris123. ๐Ÿ‘‹

We do have an existing feature request for muting / blocking certain artists here.

For any ideas you'd like to see implemented, please click on the โค๏ธicon next to the title of the suggestion on the main Feature Request page.

If you have more than one idea to improve the service, feel free create different feature requests so that others can vote on your idea as well.

Thanks so much for posting your suggestions! ๐ŸŽถ

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Buck_Williams
Local Performer

I enjoy listening to a certain genre of music but no matter what I choose as a seed, an artist I don't like keeps turning up no matter how many times I thumbs down them. I have had to thumbs down artists I've never liked over 12 times in a row before and those artist keep showing up further along. I wish we could have an option to block an artist on a station so it won't play on that particular station.

TannerPandora

Hi @Buck_Williams thanks for posting to community! I've moved your message to this thread because it sounds like your idea is very similar. We appreciate the feedback!

I'm also happy to take a look at any station to see if there might be anything erroneous going on. Feel free to hit up and let me know. 

Thanks again for being part of community! ๐Ÿ‘

MsHJones
Local Performer

So I haven't listened to Pandora in YEARS. 2015 is my last memory. I was THEN able to block artists... WHY DID THEY STOP THIS FEATURE???

I know for a fact, b/c I blocked 3 artists, and it worked. I really hope this new format does not unblock those artists.... or I am leaving again!

clayford808
Local Performer

100% would LOVE this feature! There are just some artists I just don't like. I've tried to, but don't, lol. I like the genre though, so I keep listening and always having to skip them whenever they show up.

davidjharris123
Opening Act

Things are sounding much better recently.  I've discovered some cool bands on Pandora lately.

jca4jc
Local Performer

I agree with everything on here about wanting to block certain artists because I don't like them, and needing to block them so that I am not financially supporting them because I do not believe the same thing as them.  Please get this feature added to Pandora.

Snail
Local Performer

Yes Please!

I'm so sick of Hamilton popping up all the time.  If I liked rap I'd listen to rap stations.