cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Play music on launch - on/off toggle

Ideas: Play music on launch - on/off toggle

stevenomes
Opening Act

I'm on premium. Anyway to open pandora without it starting music? sometimes i just want to open it and browse a bit before i select something. Seems to happen on every application (web/android/auto)

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
103 Comments
monkthecat
Underground

Just cancelled my paid Pandora subscription after over a year of waiting for this feature (and 90 "likes" for this feature request). So sad, as I love many other things about Pandora.

Seems ridiculous, but time to give Spotify a spin, just so I can have music *not* play when I open the app.

Nicholas
Underground

Auto play is super annoying! I often want to cast something, but it starts playing on my phone instead, and there isn't even a cast button until something is playing. Workflow for casting is very borked.

monkthecat
Underground

I cancelled my Pandora account, switched to paid Spotify, and no more auto-play on launch! Seems like such a luxury to have this option after being frustrated with Pandora every time I opened the app. Was much easier than I expected to move my music over.

DavyP49
Underground

Hi,

I agree with other user's, adding a setting to let subscriber's turn off auto play would be great ! I just recently signed up for pandora plus because I frankly couldn't afford the monthly cost of the premium version. And besides that I already have a sirrus xm account that I also use to listen to various thing's, by the way I'm sure that most people know by now that pandora was purchased by sirrus xm recently. I decided to add to my original post because I felt the need to. I'm also a spotify subscriber, thank goodness their app has this feature already, of course I'm speaking for myself, but it sure makes using their app a lot more enjoyable. 

InsanitysMuse
Local Performer

With all due respect, it shouldn't be just subscribers that can turn off playing on launch, it's a super basic bare-bones option that should be available to everyone. It's beyond inexcusable that Pandora still, after over a decade, does not have this.

I subscribed a few months ago to try out the premium features, and Pandora would have been my main and almost only music service used during that time if they had this option, and I wouldn't have cancelled my subscription. There's a lot of modern quality of life things Pandora is missing but this is one that should have been available from day 1.

Obother55
Local Performer

Mine is about auto play, but it’s a different situation. I don’t know where to post. 
my Pandora starts itself automatically in my car, no sound; however, it does eat up my data. PLEASE help me  😬

I have an iPhone 7. 
any ideas how to stop this from happening?  It only started in the past maybe 6? Months or so.,

Obother55
Local Performer

How do I stop Pandora from starting automatically in my car?

sorry for the double post. The site is requiring me to enter something here   

please see my post above. Thank you for your help. 

Mikeholderreed
Local Performer

Just because I open the Pandora app, doesn't mean I want the music to start. This is highly aggravating when the app fails to fully launch, starts the music, and I have no volume control or way of stopping the music; I must restart my phone in this case. We can toggle on/off autoplay, an option to toggle on/off autoplay upon app launch would be much appreciated.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

👋 @Mikeholderreed

To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to an existing feature request: Play music on launch - on/off switch 

Don't forget to upvote this idea by clicking on the ❤️ icon. 

Hope to see you around the community more often! :pandora:

Obother55
Local Performer

Okay...please help. I’m in my car. I DON’T even start Pandora. It STARTS  BY ITSELF!!!  And starts playing by itself!!!

There is no no sound, so I have to look at my phone to be sure it’s not playing as it **ahem** up my DATA!

Does anybody else have this problem???