cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Include original release date, remastered date with song information

Ideas: Include original release date, remastered date with song information

Me-myself-I
Opening Act

I would enjoy seeing the release date for albums.  Maybe located with the lyrics. 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
31 Comments
Johnny_ATL
Local Performer

Not sure why this hasn't come up before

Presto Album by Rush11 songs - 2010 - Original release November of 1989

TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Hi @Johnny_ATL!  Thanks for posting to the FR board!

We’re always looking to improve, and getting feedback like this definitely helps with that. Hope to see you around community more

emailsich
Opening Act

I agree...

i78DH34
Local Performer

I would like to see the release date on all the music I listen to. When you get to be my age, it really helps when I reminisce about where I was at that time. 

I would appreciate it.

maarsz
Local Performer

I think the original release date is far more important than the remastered dates! Please at least include the original release date in your song designation / information.

TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Thanks for the feedback, @maarsz!

The status of your post has been updated to Open Ideas. Thanks for stopping by!

wisepeppy
Diamond in the Rough

100% agree. It's dumb that I pay for a premium music service and I have to go find an artist page on  Wikipedia to see the actual release dates for their albums. 

stepmurr
Local Performer

Is it possible to add the year of release to a song's bio?

davefrmn2019
Local Performer

I upgraded to plus today and would like to know the date that the song playing was released. I know in other music apps they add the I feature for Google link for current song playing which tell me the date. Another feature that I recommend the I feature add is Wikipedia.

Trevor1
On the Rise

It’s not a perfect solution but if you tap on the artwork for the song you are playing, it will pull up the artist, then tap on the artist and then find the song you are listening to and tap on that. You will see a date underneath It. That copyright date will be pretty accurate for new music, older music it may reflect the date of the remastered version and not the original date. 

IMG_1069.jpeg