cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Songs for a Rainy Day Playlist

Pandora

Rain makes lots of things flow, including metaphors: Wet weather can dampen spirits but also precede growth (and rainbows), and musicians have been using those qualities expressively in song forever. On “Rain” Madonna likens sexual pleasure to thunderous rainfall; in “Missing,” Everything But The Girl compare longing to a barren desert’s thirst for water. And when Kacey Musgraves sings “Rainbow,” she’s pointing out that sometimes you have to look for the beauty in life.

Listen now:

Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 11.20.24 AM.png

Tags (2)
7 Replies

TannerPandora

Don't forget about...

The Rain (Supa Dupa Fly) by Missy Elliott

Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 11.30.13 AM.png

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes! Definitely add this to the list.  @TannerPandora.

"Against my window, I can't stand the rain."

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Here's a great one for ya, Johnny Nash " I Can See Clearly Now The Rain Is Gone". It really is a great song. Take care.

mod edit: format

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Agreed! I completely forgot about that one. Great suggestion, @MOHLovesAlaska!

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

I went through my own Pandora play-list and these are the songs that I have about rain, and storms. "Set Fire To The Rain" by Adele, "A Day Without Rain" by Enya, "Storms Never Last" by Dr. Hook, "Who'll Stop The Rain" by  CCR (Creedence Clearwater Revival), "Have You Ever Seen The Rain" by CCR. And if this was the month of November we would have "November Rain" by Guns N' Roses, and last on my playlist "No Rain" by Blind Melon. I thought this was fun. Take care and stay safe.

mod edit: format

MOHLovesAlaska

tux
Local Performer

I want to submit one of my songs... actually, I made just one. It's chill out. 🙂 https://www.pandora.com/artist/tux/lost-in-thoughts-single/AL33czqmb96r26J?part=ug-desktop&corr=1743...

tux, I actually just listened to your one song. It is a really cool tune. I added it to my reading playlist. Take care and stay safe.

MOHLovesAlaska