cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Artist Only Mode plays songs in the same order

Knndy330
Local Performer

When I select artist-only mode, the station repeats the same songs some liked in the same order and fails to introduce anything new into the mix. Recently, I've noticed I don't have the option to, unlike a song. When I attempt to unselect the thumbs-ups, it automatically reselects itself. 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Knndy330 Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. What station are you listening to when this happens?

Lastly, can you please do me a favor and try and reproduce this once more?

I'd like you to take a screenshot of the first 5 songs that always play in the same order, and then send that in a reply to this message.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Knndy330
Local Performer

@AdamPandora I am using an iPhone 11 Pro Max Pandora application downloaded to the phone. Taking pictures would be a bit tedious because the same songs don't play back to back, but after thumbs downing a song a very few songs later, the song that was thumbs down somehow begins to play again. This error is happening with the Nicki Minaj station. I recently added a new station Rotimi, playing it on my phone through the Pandora application. Whenever I close the application, say for example, I'm driving to my destination playing the Rotimi radio and then arrive. I close the pandora app, and when I start the pandora application again, no matter how long a day, two days, a week, etc. The station plays the same songs again as if it's on a Spotify like playlist. Sometimes I have to skip several songs to make new ones appear in the song list. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Knndy330! Thanks for the follow up. 

Sounds like two separate issues are occurring. The first, songs that you've thumbed down are continuing to play on the station. The second, songs are repetitive on your Rotimi and Nicki Minaj Radio stations when in Artist-Only mode. 

• Do you notice this only when in Artist-Only mode?
  • Is this only occurring on your phone? Can you replicating this on the web?

To further investigate both of these, we'll need to gather more specifics about the tracks that are playing. 

Can you please provide the following:

• Which tracks you've thumbed down that continue to play. Please include the station name they are playing on. 
  • Which track(s) are repetitive on your station(s).

In the meantime, I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what is happening. 

Thanks for your continue patience and help. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos