cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banning Remixed or Live Version of Songs

Chelc6
Local Performer

If I were to downvote an acoustic or remix to a song I actually like will that keep pandora from playing there original song?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
70 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@andi3 Thanks for following up.

You may want to take a look at your Chris Stapleton Radio station, and review the additional variety that has been added.

At first glance I can already see that the track you posted by Art Tatum Trio is being pulled from the Charlie Christian seed you've added to your station.

Here is a screenshot of where I am seeing the additional artists/tracks that you added to your station:

Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 7.11.16 AM.png

You can delete any of the bad seeds by editing your station.

To delete that bad seed from a computer:

1. From My Collection, visit your station list.
  2. Click on the name of the station you'd like to edit. This will take you directly to the station's "backstage page." 
  3. Hover the mouse over the station seed you'd like to remove and select Delete.

To delete that bad seed from a mobile device:

1. From My Collection, visit your station list.
  2. Tap on the name of the station you'd like to edit.
  3. This will start your station, so tap the the Thumb icon in the upper right corner of your screen to continue to the station's backstage page.
  4. From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play icon) to edit your station, and scroll down to Station Created From.
  5. Remove this "bad seed" by tapping the small (X) beside that item.

Hope this helps!

Dk6184
Local Performer

1st request song,

2nd request again 100 different ways.. 

Still plays live song.

Find this thread... Thumbs down the song, wait ask again and guess what!? The same **ahem** version of the song that I just thumbs down plays.... So, for being a long time premium user this is the one thing that erks me.... 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dk6184 I'm happy to look into this further.

Can you please send me a screenshot of the track in your thumbs down list that still played?

Also, what is the name of the station you gave it a thumbs down on?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

ctamutal
Opening Act

my suggestion would be to hit "I'm tired of this track" for every song that plays from that horrible album you don't like. This will take it off all stations but will not prevent the regular versions or other billie holiday songs from playing.

0 Kudos

ctamutal
Opening Act

from my experience if you thumb down too many tracks from an artist, it starts to not play on that station, or plays very rarely.

0 Kudos

Acc0rd
Local Performer

Is there a way to stop so many of these re-recorded songs from playing? I am paying Pandora for the original version not some cheaper re-recording done after these guys retired. If this is how Pandora is I will go back to Spotify. The only reason I switched was that Spotify's radio feature is awful, but this is way worse. 

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @Acc0rd 

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to permanently stop playing live or re-recorded songs on your station.

However, the way to control your Pandora stations is by using Thumbs.

If there's an artist or song you don't like hearing on one of your Pandora stations, make sure to consistently give them Thumbs Down (and no Thumbs Up) on that station. This tells Pandora that you do not wish to hear that artist/song on that station. Thumb ratings are station-specific.

In addition, this will not keep the studio version of that track from playing and doesn't necessarily mean that you will no longer hear other songs by that artist.

Hope this helps, happy listening!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

fourkneecayshin
Local Performer

I just thumbs downed three songs with my thumbprint radio. I really like the songs, but they were each remixed versions. An added thing after liking or disliking a song. "Hey you liked this song, was it the artist, or the vibe of the song" "You didn't like the song, was it the artist, different version, or just this song". Sometimes when dealing with a station, all the other songs rock, but this one may have a bad memory attached or just don't like it. I like songs similar, but don't want my judgement on one song. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@fourkneecayshin I moved your post to this thread since you are reporting similar feedback: Banning Remixed or Live Version of Songs

We don't currently have the option to filter out certain versions of tracks, such as remixes or live recordings on Pandora stations.

However, if you Thumb Down a live or remixed version of a song, you will not hear that version again on the station you're listening to. This will not keep the studio version of that track from playing and doesn't necessarily mean that you will no longer hear other songs by that artist. As always, you should use your Thumb ratings freely to tell Pandora what you want and don't want to hear.

In the meantime, make sure to give this existing feature request a ❤️ to express your interest in getting it added to the service as well: Exclude Live Performance/Remixed Versions of Songs

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

ctamutal
Opening Act

there needs to be a feature that allows you to ban remixed and re-recorded versions of songs.

for example, great white made a new recording of once bitten twice shy and now none of my stations ever play the original version of the song they did and it's really frustrating. the version doesn't say "re-recorded" in the title but it is a new version on a greatest hits album. now I can only play the orginal album cut if I put it in a playlist or play it on demand.

it's terribly frustrating.

0 Kudos

ctamutal
Opening Act

I've found that if I don't want to hear certain versions of songs, I just use the I'm tired of this track feature when they come up, that way they are put on the shelf for a while for all stations and I am not thumbing songs down by that artist which might cause other songs by that artist not to play.

0 Kudos