cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't sort collection by Recently Played

wsahm12
Underground

I like to sort my collection by Recently Played so I can listen to my stations/playlists that I haven't played for awhile. Looks like this sorting is now gone - I can only sort by Recently Collected or A-Z. Please bring Recently Played back as an option. Thanks. 

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wsahm12 You should still be able to sort your Stations by Recently Played when streaming Pandora on your computer.

To sort your stations from the Now Playing screen, hover over your station list and then select See All Stations or click My Collection on the upper left corner of your screen. This will bring you to the My Collection page.

From there, filter your collection by Stations to see the sorting options on the right side of your screen.

Once your stations are filtered by Stations, the drop-down menu with additional sorting options should show the option to sort your stations by Recently Played.

Hope this helps. Thanks for being a part of the community. 🎶

Here is a screenshot of where to locate that option as well:

Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 8.53.32 AM.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

andidance3
Underground

Thank you!

Wow I guess I'm not the only person who wants this...63 votes...I hope they recognize that it's a need!!

View solution in original post

15 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @wsahm12  thanks for posting to community!

Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

wsahm12
Underground

Hi @TannerPandora !

I'm using the Pandora website from a PC. I also downloaded the PC app and had the same issue.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wsahm12 You should still be able to sort your Stations by Recently Played when streaming Pandora on your computer.

To sort your stations from the Now Playing screen, hover over your station list and then select See All Stations or click My Collection on the upper left corner of your screen. This will bring you to the My Collection page.

From there, filter your collection by Stations to see the sorting options on the right side of your screen.

Once your stations are filtered by Stations, the drop-down menu with additional sorting options should show the option to sort your stations by Recently Played.

Hope this helps. Thanks for being a part of the community. 🎶

Here is a screenshot of where to locate that option as well:

Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 8.53.32 AM.png

0 Kudos

diceman621
Local Performer

It's not there anymore Adam. I use Win 10 app and the web version for browsers and it is goine. Instead there is a Recently played album sort that does not work. On the Android version it is stil lthere. Please have the developers put it back as you are showing. I am a long time Pandora subscriber and this doesn't work for me. Thanks for fixing it. 

TannerPandora

Hi @diceman621 Sorry to hear that! Could you do me a favor and please send over a screenshot of the missing option on your Windows app.  (If you need help taking a screenshot on your computer, let me know. )

Thanks for the help! 👍

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

diceman621
Local Performer

Screenshot (1).pngThanks for the reply. I have found an option for me. I use a MS Surface Pro as my media station using the touch screen mostly. It is hard to sort through the large overlaid Recently played icons by touch. I like the pop up menu to the right mid screen here, but in the All selection that choice is goine. However, I did find since you posted, the Station tab has that option and I can switch to that. 

As well, I will give you the heads up that the Pandora app from the Win App Store is clunky/slow to react compared to just using the web site via a browser which is OK, but not fab. switching between area. As an example, when in the Now Playing area the swithch between recently played songs to check the thumbs up/down, etc. pausing painfully in the app. 

Thanks for your time. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@diceman621 Thanks for sending that over.

To clarify, you will only be able to sort your Stations by Recently Played.

If you would like to this option appear when your collection is sorted by All, I recommend creating a feature request for your suggestion here.

Thanks for being a part of the community! 

0 Kudos

andidance3
Underground

I'm having the same problem on my iPhone 7 Plus. I was able to alphabetize on my computer/browser.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@andidance3 Nice to see you around the community.

Sorting your Pandora Premium collection on your iPhone:

You can sort your content from the My Collection page.

Select the caret on the far right side of your screen and from here, you can sort by AlbumsSongsStations, Playlists or Artists. 

Please note that you can't currently sort your collection by A-Z; only Artists are listed alphabetically by default at this time.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

wsahm12
Underground

Yes, I see that option when I sort in the Station list. Thanks!

0 Kudos

andidance3
Underground

Thank you for your help but seriously? It's not an option? Alphabetizing is such a basic feature, how is it not an option on Pandora, which has some of the best features of all the streaming services? It might actually be a dealbreaker for me. I'm trying to migrate all of my old playlists (dozens of them) from iTunes into a streaming service but there are far to many to have just in a nightmare of disordered chaos on my screen. Is there anything that can be done about this? Any new software releases coming out?

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@andidance3 While this is not currently a feature with Pandora Premium on mobile devices, I recommend giving this existing feature request a ❤️to express your interest in getting it added.

Also make sure to comment on the thread with your specific feedback. 

The more traction a specific feature request gets, the better chance it has of getting implemented.

Those threads help give our product team a better idea of what new features users are interested in, as well as how to better prioritize their roadmap.

Thank you for your understanding! 

andidance3
Underground

I'm not sure how to express interest other than leaving a comment. Is there something else I should do? Does this kind of thing usually have an impact? How long might it take?

Seriously, it's driving me nuts.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@andidance3 Yes - if you click on this link you can then click on the ❤️icon next to the More sorting options for Premium thread. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 12.15.06 PM.png

0 Kudos

andidance3
Underground

Thank you!

Wow I guess I'm not the only person who wants this...63 votes...I hope they recognize that it's a need!!