cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change station back to seed artist?

Turnip
Underground

I made a station based off originally the artist "Patti Labelle". I started thumbs upping other songs and changed the name of the station to "Quiet Storm" and really curated this station over the last vew years. However, now if I only want to listen a Patti Labelle station, it keeps coming back to this "Quiet Storm" station I thought I "created" but it seems like it's just my own version of Patti Labelle but with a new name and tweaked over the years. Ideally I'd like to keep my "Quiet Storm" station which has lots of other artists but I still want a "Patti Labelle" station where I can mainly play that artist. I tried starting "Patti Labelle" but it just goes to my "Quiet Storm" station. I tried "deleting" it frm My Collection but when I add Patti Labelle back it comes back as my curated Quiet Storm station. Please help!

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
8 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Turnip.

Welcome to the community! 🎶

If you created a Patti LaBelle Radio station, and added other artist seeds as variety later on, the station is still considered as Patti LaBelle Radio (even if you changed the name of the station to "Quiet Storm Radio").

In order to make your station Patti LaBelle Radio only, you'll need to remove the artist seeds you've added to that particular station.

Something to keep in mind, you can always recreate deleted stations by creating a new station from the same artist or song (that was deleted). This explains why the same exact station keeps popping up, because Patti LaBelle was the original station seed (the artist you created the station based on).

++

I would recommend removing the other artist seeds from this particular station. You'll have the ability to create new stations with the artists you've removed from the Patti LaBelle Radio station.

Here's a great article about how to edit your station.

I hope this information is helpful. Let me know if you have any additional questions about this.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)

Turnip
Underground

Thank you for the reply.

I was able to delete the other 2 artist seeds, but I sitl have all the thumbs ups and thumbs down I have down over the last few years on this station. 

1. DOn't I have to delete all those thumbs ups/downs to make it only  1 artist? (Patti Labelle?)

2. I sthere a way I can "preserve" this station which I really was turning into a "smooth quiet storm" ballad station (why I renamed it) and still have a Patti Labelle Station? Like can I turn it into something else?

3. Is there a way to just listen to a given artist? when I click on Patti Labelle I can get all songs but I can't shuffle them?  

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Turnip At this time, listeners have limited control over when or how often particular artists or songs will play on Pandora stations.

That said, you should be able to use Pandora Modes to customize your station experience when you're listening on our website or your mobile device. You can pick different modes like Artist Only, which will play only tracks from the artist headlining your station (unless you've added variety to your station, in which case it will play tracks from those artists as well).

Please keep in mind that Artist Only mode will only exist on relevant stations. 

Due to licensing requirements, Artist Only mode requires a Pandora Premium subscription or complimentary Pandora Premium Session. Free listeners and Pandora Plus subscribers can activate a temporary and complimentary session of Pandora Premium by viewing an advertisement.

You can find out more about modes here.

0 Kudos

Turnip
Underground

Thank you.  yes could you please have someone reach out to me from support via email? thank you

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Turnip Sounds good!

Someone from our User Support team will be in touch via email soon. 

0 Kudos

wisepeppy
Diamond in the Rough

I agree with this sentiment.  I have many stations that are seeded with multiple artists, and I like those stations as they are, 'tuned' a certain way with their seeds and their thumbs.  But, I would still like to create other, different stations that have some of the same artists as existing stations.  Or, as the OP mentioned, even though an artist exists as a seed on a 'curated' station, you might still want to listen to a 'fresh' station seeded with that artist, for a slightly different listening experience from the first curated station.  Pandora used to allow this, and then something was changed, and it's super frustrating and seems totally unnecessary a restriction.  Pandora keeps updating itself to death.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wisepeppy Thank you for your feedback.

I recommend creating a feature request for your suggestion as it sounds like something many other listeners are interested in having the option to do as well. 

As a workaround for this in the meantime, what you can do is to create a new station based off of a specific song by that particular artist instead. You can then emulate your original station by adding in the same artist seeds to the new station you create.

Hope this helps!