cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a station without screaming singers

MusicIsForever
Diamond in the Rough

I don't like being shouted at by naughty children. Is there any way I can tell Pandora that I don't like this? Practically every day that I listen to Pandora I feel like I have to repeat myself that I don't want to listen to music with singers that shout at me. A little vocal rasp is fine, but how do I tell Pandora to nix listening to any children that sound like "Cookie Monster?" I have listened to Pandora now since 2014, and still it is the same thing. I want to hear rock, or heavy rock, but Pandora keeps feeding me a daily dose of Cookie Monster. Stop it already!

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MusicIsForever Nice to see you around the community! 👋🏽

At the moment, we don't have the option to filter out those types of songs on Pandora stations. 

With that being said, I do have a couple of recommendations for you.

Create song-based stations:

I tend to have a better experience when creating stations based off of specific tracks, rather than an artist or band. 

You can try creating stations based on individual songs that exemplify the sound you are looking for (e.g., songs without screaming - maybe create a station based off of a specific track you gave a thumbs up to on your station). 

Create customized playlist:

I see you are also upgraded to Pandora Premium. 

With this level of subscription, you do have the ability to listen to content on-demand, as well as create customized playlists.

I recommend creating a playlist with specific songs that you want to hear during your listening session. This would be the best way to prevent tracks with the "Cookie Monster" from playing. 🍪  

For instructions on how to create a customized playlist from either your computer or mobile device, check out our How to create a new playlist thread.

Hope this helps! 😎

View solution in original post

1 Reply

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MusicIsForever Nice to see you around the community! 👋🏽

At the moment, we don't have the option to filter out those types of songs on Pandora stations. 

With that being said, I do have a couple of recommendations for you.

Create song-based stations:

I tend to have a better experience when creating stations based off of specific tracks, rather than an artist or band. 

You can try creating stations based on individual songs that exemplify the sound you are looking for (e.g., songs without screaming - maybe create a station based off of a specific track you gave a thumbs up to on your station). 

Create customized playlist:

I see you are also upgraded to Pandora Premium. 

With this level of subscription, you do have the ability to listen to content on-demand, as well as create customized playlists.

I recommend creating a playlist with specific songs that you want to hear during your listening session. This would be the best way to prevent tracks with the "Cookie Monster" from playing. 🍪  

For instructions on how to create a customized playlist from either your computer or mobile device, check out our How to create a new playlist thread.

Hope this helps! 😎