cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted thumb ratings reappear as "thumbed up on undefined"

chouse
Underground

I deleted a bunch of thumbed up songs I had on several stations. I just noticed they all came back, but now it reads "thumbed up on undefined". How do I remove these thumbs up

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
87 Replies

Krh
Local Performer

Hey yeah sorry it took so long to reply I got busy with stuff. This is the photo. I've checked all my stations I have and none have Misery Business thumbs up'd. I don't thumb up songs so I don't know where it's from. And I have no clue what to do if it came from a station I got rid of. Thanks for offering to help.

2D950FD6-85ED-4EF3-857E-AE468AEC2307.jpeg

0 Kudos

speakit0922
Local Performer

I too have many thumbs that are now listed as undefined and I would like to remove them. There should be an option to remove all thumbs up and down and "reset" your profile. I generally shuffle my stations and it will play the same song more than once in a 2 hour car trip. I find it annoying I have enough stations I should not get repeats or hear the same song every day. I am disappointed seeing this ticket has been open for over 30 days and there is no resolution on the problem at hand. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@speakit0922 I definitely understand your frustration.

Unfortunately, our engineers are still looking into this issue.

In the meantime, I've gone ahead and added your feedback to the ticket we have open with them.

Thanks so much for your patience in the meantime as they work to find a fix. 🛠

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Krh Thanks so much for that helpful screenshot.

I moved your post over to this existing thread as I believe you're experiencing this issue as well: Deleted thumb ratings reappear as "thumbed up on undefined"

After taking a look at your profile from the web, it's showing up as "Thumbed Up on Undefined". In the meantime, I've shared your information with our engineering team on an internal ticket we have open.

We appreciate your patience while they work on this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

faztang
Underground

the moderators literally cut and paste the same answer, "we are checking with our engineers".  how about actually fixing the issue???

Demomessi123
Local Performer

no fix still?

\

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Demomessi123 Our engineering team is still investigating this issue.

I have added your information to the ticket we currently have open with them.

We appreciate your patience as they work to find a fix.

0 Kudos

LizardBreath
Underground

Show them this:

if( UserClearThumbsUp )

{

EXEC SQL UPDATE SONGS SET THUMBS_UP = NULL WHERE USER_ID = 'LizardBreath';

}

// Approximate syntax because my SQL is <thankfully> a little rusty 😃

sixn3is7
Underground

The real solution is to delete you premium account and stop using their service until they start listening.  I say that because, after consideration, I believe this has been going on for a lot longer than what Pandora is acknowledging.

To put this into perspective, I had 25 plus stations, 7,000+ thumbs up, my taste span the globe and Pandora was running 60+ hours per week.

About 3 years ago I deleted all my stations because I got bored.  It worked back then.  Little over a year ago I changed my thumbs up policy because I got tired of hearing the same music but did not want to delete all my stations and seeds.  I got to the point where I stopped thumbing up and would un-thumb any thumbed up song.  The expectation was to force the algorithm to expand my selection.  Instead it got stuck.

After a couple months I escalated my attack and started thumbing down any song that I remembered hearing in the last few days(many songs had become twice a day).  I started my thumbs down policy mid 2020 and within a week I came to the conclusion that it wasn't working.  Another month+ I had enough time to restart my Pandora only to find the real problem. After I deleted all my stations, created a couple new ones (different station name and seeds) and all the same music came flooding back.

In addition to accessing the Pandora catalog we are also paying for access to the Pandora algorithm and their service no longer matches the underlying concept.

I was really hoping to come back to the forum and find a solution.

I'm guessing I am not the first to cancel my premium account and stop using your service.

0 Kudos

sixn3is7
Underground

Real solution:  Delete premium account and stop using the service in the hope that they start listening and devote some $$$ towards a real solution.

IMO, this has existed a longer than what is evident.

From my perspective, 25 plus stations, 7000+ thumbs-up, taste span the planet and Pandora running 60+ hours a week,

~3 years past I got bored and deleted all my stations, this worked.  Over a year ago I changed my thumbs-up stance because I got bored of listening to the same songs but didn't want to kill my stations/seeds.  Got to the point where I stopped thumbing0-up and would unthumb any thumbed0-up song.  The idea was to force the algorithm to broaden my selection.  It got confused.

A few months later I escalated my policy and began thumbing down songs that played in the last couple days(many songs now twice per day).  Thumb down policy started summer-2020.   Very quickly it became obvious that something deeper was broke.  Removed all my stations, created a couple new ones (new station names/seeds) and the same songs came flooding back.  

We pay $$$ to access the Pandora catalog in addition to your algorithm and your service no longer matches the underlying concept.

Was truly hoping to come back here and find a solution.

I'm guessing I am not the first to cancel my premium account and stop using your service.

0 Kudos

fultonp115
Local Performer

I am also having this issue. 😞 and it's ruining my radio.  Its all Taylor Swift all the time ::eye roll::

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@fultonp115 Thank you for sharing your experience on the Community.

I have provided an update to our engineers with your feedback.

Thanks for all your patience as well as they continue to investigate this issue.

0 Kudos

bjbeck04
Local Performer

Can you add me to the ticket as well as someone who is making a complaint. I just want to get rid of all my thumbs up and thumbs down. I feel this issue should be an easy fix with the great minds we have.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bjbeck04 No problem - I have added your feedback to the ticket we have open with our engineering team.

Thanks for all your patience as they continue to look into this! 

0 Kudos

Scaf625
Local Performer

Any update on fixing this issue?  Seems like it's been under investigation for several months now.  Impacting my account as well.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Scaf625 Unfortunately, we do not have a timeline on a fix for this just yet.

That being said, I have added your feedback to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

lisabarnes2
Underground

Adam, I just upgraded from Plus to a free trial of Premium and now I think I can delete the unwanted thumbs.  Now that I have Premium, I have a Playlist called My Thumbs Up and it allows me to delete any of them that I want, including the ones from the deleted stations.  Can you tell me if I delete them this way, that they really will be gone if I don't renew the Premium subscription at the end of the trial period?  I have over 1000 thumbs to delete and they have to be deleted individually (ugh!).  I don't want to take the time to do this if these thumbs up will still be there after my trial of Premium ends. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@lisabarnes2 Unfortunately, deleting tracks from your My Thumbs Up playlist will not resolve this issue.

That being said, I can assure you that our engineers are still looking into this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime as they work to find a fix. 

0 Kudos

loyalnine
Local Performer

Please add me to the ticket as well.  My six year old thumbs-upped a ton of songs and it is killing me on Thumbprint radio.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

No problem, @loyalnine.

Your info has now been added to the ticket we have open with our engineering team.

Thanks for reporting this!

0 Kudos